• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas, GIO Stadium, Canberra, Sat 16th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DJpmsJgUMAAgLWS.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Big changes in the backline with only 10 and 12 the same as last week. Boffelli and Moroni change position and Orlando comes off the bench to start. Landajo starts for Cubelli.

Petti comes into the side at lock and Lezana promoted from the bench to start at 8.

Leguizamon and Montero join the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Simmons starts for Arnold with Rodda on the bench. Not sure yet if Arnold is injured.

Korobeite replaces Rona on the bench.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dumping Arnold for the Canberra test probably isn't the best idea....... unless he's injured of course.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Still confused - in what world is Jack Dempsey a better bench option than Timani? In what world is Hanigan a better starting option then Dempsey? In what world is either Hanigan / Dempsey better than Timani / Higgenbotham? Otherwise it's a pretty good team. I wouldn't mind seeing Naivalu / Koroibete start to put some real pressure on the wing spots as neither Hodge nor Speight have the potential to be world-beaters in that position.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Will be interesting to hear if Arnold is injured.

But I won't be surprised if he isn't. Not because I think the change is warranted, but because Cheika seems to rotate his locks every week whilst being slavishly devoted to players in other positions.

No doubt Brumby Runner's head has exploded.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Payto seems to think it might be to try and sure up the set piece.

Maybe there's an element of rotation about it. Arnold has played all three tests in the Rugby Championship so far and has a history of breaking down if he plays a string of matches on the trot.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
If we don't put some competition in the squad for Foley, like Jono, he will keep underachieving. Playing ok but not doing much, scared to make a mistake is my guess, he has a lot of pressure on him. My thinking is they will soon work a good counter to Beale and then what. Same goes for Folau, need Hunt competing for 15. See how it goes this week. Just perception but the forwards as a whole don't seem to have any edgyness about them, just a bunch of big good guys. That's my glass half empty from a neutral supporter.

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
Christ I hope Rory Arnold's omission is due to a small niggle. If not, it would seem he has inherited Scott Fardy's position as a bloke that Cheika seriously underrates.
Sound team otherwise.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Payto seems to think it might be to try and sure up the set piece.

Maybe there's an element of rotation about it. Arnold has played all three tests in the Rugby Championship so far and has a history of breaking down if he plays a string of matches on the trot.

BH, you have better memory than me. Can you enlighten me about the history of Arnold's injuries after playing three or a string of matches on the trot?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Will be interesting to hear if Arnold is injured.

But I won't be surprised if he isn't. Not because I think the change is warranted, but because Cheika seems to rotate his locks every week whilst being slavishly devoted to players in other positions.

No doubt Brumby Runner's head has exploded.

Nah. I've given up on Cheika's selections now. Can't say that I see a pack containing Simmons, Hanigan and a combination of Hooper/McMahon putting the Argies' pack to the sword, though.

Reactions: TSR

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Quoted in the press as saying he's looking over his shoulder at the likes of Rodda and Tui. Must have caused Cheika to think, "Hey shit, these must be a couple of good players. I'll have to have a look at them".

Status
Not open for further replies.