• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks II, Allianz Stadium 7:35pm 03/09/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not sure where the talk of Ikitau injured came from. He played the 80 and looked to be defending on the wing due to being knackered, not injured. He didn’t seem under any duress after the game and the trainers weren’t all over him
It was mentioned on commentary that he was down injured in back play

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why was it a brainfart? It looked entirely calculated that he knew no one was onside and Vermuelen was 5m out so he was waiting directly in front of him to tackle him if he did a quick tap.

Wright should have probably tried to clumsily trip over and fall on the ball/Vermuelen before he tapped it in an attempt to stop the play but also make it less obvious.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nic White is the closest to being onside and even his hands are in front of the goal line.

Valetini and McReight were still backpedalling and I don't think either of them would have stopped Vermuelen. Neither of them got back onside properly before becoming involved.

Attachments

• PXL_20220830_030454002.jpg
    PXL_20220830_030454002.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 70

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure where the talk of Ikitau injured came from. He played the 80 and looked to be defending on the wing due to being knackered, not injured. He didn’t seem under any duress after the game and the trainers weren’t all over him

Yeah, he was also hanging around on the field post-match looking perfectly alright...

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I’m just not a fan of chopping and changing a winning team, especially when a guy has played 10 minutes of rugby in 2 months

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’m just not a fan of chopping and changing a winning team, especially when a guy has played 10 minutes of rugby in 2 months
Agree, but we can improve in one or two areas. Those being the lineout and scrum. I would bring Bell onto the bench and maybe consider swapping the hookers around. FF (Folau Fainga'a) was fantastic coming off the bench earlier in the year.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Agree, but we can improve in one or two areas. Those being the lineout and scrum. I would bring Bell onto the bench and maybe consider swapping the hookers around. FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) was fantastic coming off the bench earlier in the year.

Bell doesn't exactly strengthen the line-out or scrum though?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From what I can gather...

If the All Blacks lose again, and the Wallabies win by more than 16 points, the All Blacks will slip down to 7th in the rankings and both the Wallabies and Argentina will overtake them on the ladder.

Reactions: dru

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
he delayed the try. Koroibete stopped the try. Marika saved Tom's but big time on that one

I am definitely dubious of a lot of yellow card infringements close to the line, particularly in a situation where it arises from a penalty try.

Wright got really lucky in this situation because we didn't just concede a try straight away.

When you're scrum or lineout is getting smashed and it's clear that the next penalty is going to be a yellow card and penalty try surely you're better off conceding than dragging down a maul or collapsing the scrum? I know you can argue that it's not in the spirit of the game to not continue competing at every point but likewise, it's pretty dumb to give up both a try and a card when you could have just given up a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.