• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks II, Allianz Stadium 7:35pm 03/09/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We have not really seen Holloway carry much. It could be that he is doing a lot of grunt work in the tight?

I put up a run-down of his first half in Adelaide somewhere around here.

He's doing the "settler" runs inside 22 and midfield for kick clearances.
He's getting to a few rucks, but not being required to shift bodies (which isn't his fault if the opposition aren't trying to contest ball).
He's winning some lineouts when the hooker isn't getting picked off.
He's not making many tackles because the opposition aren't running into his channel.

Is he ripping it up and destroying fluffybunnys? Not exactly. But then it is a totally different scenario to what was required at the Tahs.

Should he continue at 6? Well I guess incumbency in a winning team is hard to mess with.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I put up a run-down of his first half in Adelaide somewhere around here.

He's doing the "settler" runs inside 22 and midfield for kick clearances.
He's getting to a few rucks, but not being required to shift bodies (which isn't his fault if the opposition aren't trying to contest ball).
He's winning some lineouts when the hooker isn't getting picked off.
He's not making many tackles because the opposition aren't running into his channel.

Is he ripping it up and destroying fluffybunnys? Not exactly. But then it is a totally different scenario to what was required at the Tahs.

Should he continue at 6? Well I guess incumbency in a winning team is hard to mess with.

His point of difference is he is a genuine line-out option. Not that it made a difference last match. So might as well go with Leota in my opinion.

I wonder how Gleeson goes in the line-out??

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Happy if the side is unchanged. I think we need to be getting to the point where the team is settled and looking to build combinations. At this point of the cycle the time for experimentation is essentially done, other than a bit of tinkering around the edges. Pick and stick, unless some bolter steps up and commands the jersey (Gleeson may do that, but not until next year I feel).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The only change I would've made was Porecki for FF (Folau Fainga'a), but some personnel consistency would be nice... however, if we have the lineout yips again this weekend then that change should definitely be made for the Bledisloe.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1662001212565.png

Wtf is going on with Gordon and Tate, is he coin tossing to see who plays each week?

Status
Not open for further replies.