• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Thoughts on relative strengths and weaknesses;

Scrum - Australia
Lineout - Australia
Attack - NZ
Defense - NZ
Speed - NZ
Skills - NZ
Gameplan - NZ
Goal Kicking - ?
Bench - ? (Australia in the piggies and NZ in the backs perhaps).

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Thoughts on relative strengths and weaknesses;

Scrum - Australia
Lineout - Australia
Attack - NZ
Defense - NZ
Speed - NZ
Skills - NZ
Gameplan - NZ
Goal Kicking - ?
Bench - ? (Australia in the piggies and NZ in the backs perhaps).

I doubt the AB scrum will be under any pressure until, at best, the second half when replacements roll on - the starters are solid

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I doubt the AB scrum will be under any pressure until, at best, the second half when replacements roll on - the starters are solid
Agreed until the second half it be a toss up who wins the scrums, the our front row is good, but so are the All Black starters.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Agreed until the second half it be a toss up who wins the scrums, the our front row is good, but so are the All Black starters.

I agree. Just looking for something. I'm actually pretty pumped about the 2019 scrum, it has vanquished the demons from 2001 onwards. I'm not taking anything away from the AB's scrum though, they are never underpowered.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I still reckon we’ll have the edge in the scrums at the beginning. It won’t be a penalty every time we pack down but AAA and Sio can definitely put pressure on Moody and Franks.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I’m expecting White to pepper the AB wingers with his hanging box kicks. Ioane really struggled under the high ball against SA and other parts of his game suffered because of it.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Optimism pregame, bitter postgame.
Why change the formula?
Latu will give us better presence at the breakdown. Pretty excited about seeing JOC (James O'Connor) at13. Hope they have been working on forging more of a unit of the backrow.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
Assistant referees: Jaco Peyper (South Africa), Shuhei Kubo (Japan)
TMO: Marius Jonker (South Africa)

9:45 kickoff here in NZ, gunna be a looooooong afternoon/ evening even with M10 Cup underway.

EDIT: plus women's match from 6:30 our time.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah not a huge fan of that ref team. Oh well, half the refs in the RWC are french. Good practice.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
So White/Foley for TRC 1, Genia/Lilo for TRC 2, White/Lilo for Bled 1.

Any guesses who the halves will be for Bled 2?

JOC (James O'Connor) auditioning for backup 13. Competing with Hodge and To'omua for last spot on the plane, so giving the three of them lots of time.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reports I read have O'Connor and Kerevi switching positions depending on attack vs defence, with Kerevi defending at 12 and attacking at 13.

Or O'Connor swaps with Hodge in defence.
Has JOC (James O'Connor) had any experience at OC?
The All Blacks will be very confused. Even more than Australian supporters.