• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just on that Sai'a throwing talk. I think that your thrower is only as good as your jumper and vice versa. That being said Faainga can definitely work on his throwing anyway.

Indeed.

If the lineout is poorly operated then it's not going to matter how good the thrower is.

There were times this year, and in 2009 when it seemed like the Wallabies' would telegraph where every throw was going to go...

Remember when Deans had the bright idea to enlist Chisholm to run the lineout in 2009? Despite not having performed that role at club or Super rugby level?

I only found out after the World Cup that Nucifora had taken control of the lineout this year...

It's no wonder our lineout has become so inconsistent since 2008...

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Moore is a better scrummager then TPN which is enough reason for me to favour him on the selection sheet.
Moore is also the incumbent and would need to seriously lose form to lose the first picked status.
TPN has heavier impact in the ball carry and in defense than Moore but not by much.
Set piece work is the priority for our tight 5.

C

centurion

I'm stoked that SBS has picked up the coverage for FTA, i was pissed that the Baa's vs Wallabies game wasn't on FTA aswell.
Luckily a nice chap posted the full game on youtube earlier today!.

Bloody oath. Im very happy indeed.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Moore is a better scrummager then TPN which is enough reason for me to favour him on the selection sheet.
Moore is also the incumbent and would need to seriously lose form to lose the first picked status.
TPN has heavier impact in the ball carry and in defense than Moore but not by much.

I think it is more interesting to try to work out why Nau may start this game because both have their strengths.

Nau's mobility may also be a factor, the Welsh move the ball a lot it may be about game tempo

C

centurion

Watching the Barbarians match on the weekend, it's safe to say we can't take too much out of it. A lot of em looked pretty disinterested.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Moore is about the only quality thrower we have. Its a shame for the Reds that Hansons biggest weakness looks like throwing as well. If he has improved Finger may find himself on the bench regularly and losing his backup spot for the tests.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Wales 19 - Wallabies 18

Shane Williams to intercept a pass from JOC (James O'Connor) and score a try on the buzzer

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I wouldn't say Moore is a better scrummager, TPN is definitely stronger in the hit.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
It's really a shame it's not Digby v Williams - would love to see that matchup. But then again, they're sure to meet at some stage.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Moore is about the only quality thrower we have. Its a shame for the Reds that Hansons biggest weakness looks like throwing as well. If he has improved Finger may find himself on the bench regularly and losing his backup spot for the tests.

Hanson will come good. Link has thrown in at test level I think Link will share the experience with him ;)

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I wouldn't say Moore is a better scrummager, TPN is definitely stronger in the hit.

My view is that Moore brings stability in the scrums and the results are less resets, penalties, collapses. This is only my observation and am happy to be contradicted if I have got it wrong.

F

François

Moore is also bloody quick and dynamic, perhaps more so than an out of form TPN.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anyone know when the Wallaby team is announced?. We should have an advantage in the lineout with the welsh missing both their top men.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
We'll be bloody lucky to beat Wales come this Saturday. The boyos are up for it, are we?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Really looking forward to this game. I enjoy watching both teams play. I think Wales might just shade it by one score, maybe 26-23.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
:cool:
Getting your excuses in early hey? No international team is ever at full strength...

Quite right swat, we only have 7 out anyways, I hope we can sustain the form we showed at the WC, I would rather have a good performance and lose , than a bad one and win. For now it's all about continuity,
Too many times we have thought we had turned a corner, only to be thumped by a lesser side, Perform well and the wins will come, first at home, then away, I honestly think we have the tools to beat you, it's just that some of our sharper tools are missing.:):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.