• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
George Smith often takes the ball at flyhalf.......

eh?

We know he's got a decent kicking game, and there's no question about his defensive capabilites......... ;)

Batman

Bob McCowan (2)
After 10 rounds of super rugby this should look like the team

1 Robbinson
2 More
3 Slipper
4 Horwill
5 Douglas
6 Mowen
7 Smith
8 Higgenbotham
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Ione
12 Lealifano
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Izzy
15 Mogg

16 TPN
17 Alexander
18 Palmer
19 MMM
20 Hooper
21 White
22 JOC (James O'Connor)
23 McAbe

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
After 10 rounds of super rugby this should look like the team

1 Robbinson
2 Moore
3 Slipper Palmer
4 Horwill
5 Douglas
6 Mowen
7 Smith
8 Higgenbotham Palu
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Ioane
12 Lealifano
14 Izzy JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Mogg

16 TPN
17 Alexander
18 Palmer Ryan
19 MMM
20 Hooper Higgenbotham
21 White
22 JOC (James O'Connor) Foley/To'omua (Can't split them)
23 McCabe Folau

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
God damn we have some fantastic outside back options right now.

Speight, Tomane, Mogg, Beale, Beiber, Ioane and Folau.

All vying for three positions, and a bench spot.

dangerousdave

Frank Nicholson (4)
Taking a punt on a possible team.. bold are positions that I see as set in stone, debutaunts are in italics.

1 Robbo
2 Moore
3 Alexander
4 Douglas
5 Horwill
6 Mowen
7 Smith
8 Palu
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Ioane
12 Taps
14 Mogg
15 JOC (James O'Connor)

16 TPN
17 Slipper
18 MMM
19 Higgers
20 Hooper
21 White
22 Lilo

Experience beats form for most of the tough decisions (eg. Taps/Lilo, Cooper/anybody) others for the 30 man squad would be: Folau, Cummins, Shipperley, Barnes, Palmer, Beale, Gill, Dennis. I would maybe start with Palmer if he were not going to France.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I don't see why Digby is a given to start. He has no kicking of passing game at all and his top end speed isn't great. I know he's a dynamic runner and can beat a tackle running near the ruck but I think we have better options available in JOC (James O'Connor), Falou, Tomane

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Digby is a little off his best form at the moment eastman, I'll give you that. We do also have some seriously good outside backs at the moment but Folau and Tomane I don't think are better options than him. JOC (James O'Connor) is great but is an entirely different player so it's hard to compare them. One of the benefits with Digby over the others is his combinations with Genia and Quade. If either of those two are playing then you select Digby.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'd still take Aelua over Palu. The numbers even after the last weekend's matches which was by far Palu's best game in two seasons support that. Palu would need to consistently produce what he did last weekend for me to change that view now.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd still take Aelua over Palu. The numbers even after the last weekend's matches which was by far Palu's best game in two seasons support that. Palu would need to consistently produce what he did last weekend for me to change that view now.

If Palu stays fit, he'll be selected.

Auelua doesn't pack at 8 in the scrum and that will potentially work against him. I see him as a pretty good chance to be a bench option but if Palu is healthy, he'll get the starting stop.

Batman

Bob McCowan (2)
Big News is that Digby Ione is leaving the reds at seasons end. This shouldn't hinder his selection for the wallabies

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Big News is that Digby Ione is leaving the reds at seasons end. This shouldn't hinder his selection for the wallabies
He's also made noises like this before too. There was a time once when he had all but signed with a Japanese club after 2011 (hand shake agreement allegedly) only to stick with the Reds for their title defence etc. It does sound like he's not happy - but I wouldn't read too much into it until a deal with someone else is done.

Batman

Bob McCowan (2)
He's also made noises like this before too. There was a time once when he had all but signed with a Japanese club after 2011 (hand shake agreement allegedly) only to stick with the Reds for their title defence etc. It does sound like he's not happy - but I wouldn't read too much into it until a deal with someone else is done.

hes unhappy as there is something to do with a third party agreemeny

Status
Not open for further replies.