• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

If you want to seriously talk about "on form" surely Holmes is pushing Kepu. He is rock solid in the scrum and the stats said he made 20 tackles on the weekend

T

Train Without a Station

Actually that's incorrect. He has 7 tackles and 7 carries though

T

Train Without a Station

But of course Kepu would rightly be first in the pecking order. Cheika may potentially trial Holmes in the first tests to test him out but he'd have to perform well there to usurp Kepu.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
from what I noticed in 2011, this is a natural occurrence in a world cup year. The more experienced test players tend to keep their powder dry during the Super season. They try to peak later in the year.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Like it or not Alexander has a lot of test experience and would be well in contention.
Agree. He's still among the best THs in Australia. He has a bad rep, but there isn't a lot of consistently better players in his position. We all wish there was but it's just not the case.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Agree. He's still among the best THs in Australia. He has a bad rep, but there isn't a lot of consistently better players in his position. We all wish there was but it's just not the case.

Yes but he has also built up a bad reputation as a poor scrummager which can certainly work against. Even if he does scrum okay, a reputation can kill us with those 50/50 calls.

T

TOCC

Yes but he has also built up a bad reputation as a poor scrummager which can certainly work against. Even if he does scrum okay, a reputation can kill us with those 50/50 calls.

This is unfortunately a big issue for Australia, the perception and reality that Wallabies scrums have been poor in the past will handicap future front rowers, 50/50 calls will go against the Wallabies based on this perception, teams will exploit it and intentionally collapse with the aim of penalising the Wallaby scrum.

For this reason, Ben Alexander whilst experienced isn't really a great selection, referees know his reputation and will referee accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Two things win RWC's above all (maybe three if you include the set piece): defence and goal kicking. We'll need to have both in order to go anywhere close I reckon.

T

TOCC

Super Sefa is out with a broken leg, with Cummins and JOC (James O'Connor) in form slumps the Wallabies winger depth is looming pretty slim...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.