• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Seriously the more I think about it, the more Cheika can get fucked.

After all the time he's had to think about the squad he's made poor head to head selections (Douglas over Horwill and Genia over White) and poorly managed the limited squad numbers.

Those five wingers are going to be real fucking handy aren't they...

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Ok then so if McMahon wasn't selected then who plays openside against Fiji and Uruguay? Do you not remember the last world cup?

T

Train Without a Station

I like it. I think the 3rd hooker & scrumhalf are a waste since they're never in your 23.

I can't wait to read everyone slagging off Douglas for taking Horwill's spot.

And what about the 5th and 6th back rower and the 4th and 5th winger? The 3rd winger won't even be in the 23.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Extended USA squad is:

Carter, Dennis, Faulkner, Hanson, Higginbotham, Horwill, Kerevi, Lealiifano, Naiyaravoro, White.

T

Train Without a Station

Ok then so if McMahon wasn't selected then who plays openside against Fiji and Uruguay? Do you not remember the last world cup?

You mean when Ireland beat us with Sean O'Brien who is more of a 6/8 at 7? A lack of a 7 is not what lost that game.

Latts1992

Herbert Moran (7)

After all the time he's had to think about the squad he's made poor head to head selections (Douglas over Horwill and Genia over White) and poorly managed the limited squad numbers.

Those five wingers are going to be real fucking handy aren't they.

Hey at least we won't have to play a backrower on the wing this time around.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Those five wingers are going to be real fucking handy aren't they.

5 wingers... yeah I have lost faith in Cheika. I can't think at all what the benefit will be.

T

TOCC

Cheika has messed up here, Douglas has been injured and out of form yet earns wallaby selection off a 30mim cameo, yet the best performing wallaby lock of the Rugby Championship is excluded..

McMahon is another selection I question, likewise with no third hooker...
If TPN or Moore even cop a minor injury and need to be rested for a matchthen that's their RWC over..once an injured player is subbed they can't come back.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
As far as I can tell, these are the issues.

No 3rd hooker.
5th prop isn't recognised switching prop.
Both Douglas and Mumm over Horwill
3 opensides.
2 scrum halfs.
Both fly halfs in poor form.
5 wingers.

But other than that, yeah, good squad.

Latts1992

Herbert Moran (7)
I am far more shocked at the non-selection of both White and Lealiifano tbh. It leaves us seriously thin on goal kicking options, particularly with White's distance. Penalties and conversions are absolutely crucial in World Cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.