• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarnTheBrumbies

Frank Nicholson (4)
Rubbish Squad selection on a number of accounts.

The exclusion of Nic White and inclusion of Genia- when White won us the game in Sydney and Genia hasn't proven he is up to it for a long time.

The Inclusion of Palu- what has he done to deserve a spot apart from play shit the last two years. I personally would have gone with Higginbotham- as he is the best replacement for Fardy in a pooper situation (a probably deserved another chance from his poor game vs SA).

No Third Hooker- Pretty Self explanatory

Douglas over Horwill is very harsh on Horwill. He has been the one consistent lock over the RC. Douglas played 20 minutes and suddenly deserves it.

Not that's it's a bad selection but I believe Lilo deserved a chance in the RC- he is a class player and could of been a inside back bolster.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Everyone is focusing on the negative aspects - Douglas over Horwill, only 2 hookers and 2 halfbacks and too many wingers, like the same mob that complain about a Test Cricketer being run out on 92. Forget about the 8 runs they didn't get, what about the 92 runs they did get?

This is a good squad with a tonne of potential. Someone was always going to miss out. Luck may go our way. We may have a hamstring crisis in the Hairdressing department and need all four of the wingers, meanwhile Squeaky and TPN may come through OK. Funnier things have happened.

Let's rally behind the Men in Gold and wish them every success in their campaign Bring Back Bill.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The negative aspects are things that have actually happened. All of the positives in your post are 'what ifs'.

You do whatever you want but don't get down on people for being a bit upset or confused over this squad.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Too much options for the outside backs so Cheika is thinking in running style.

It can be a serious mistake when the Australian weakness in the last 15 years have been the piglets

Our piglets are hardly weak. Despite the absence of a third hoooker, this is possibly the strongest and deepest set of forwards we've fielded at a RWC. We've never had two test class front rows, ever.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
blah, what a load of toss.

Here's my 31:

Slab Bulkhead
Fridge Largemeat
Punt Speedchunk
Butch Deadlift
Bold Bigflank
Splint Chesthair
Flint Ironstag
Bolt Vanderhuge
Thick McRunfast
Blast Hardcheese
Buff Drinklots
Trunk Slamchest
Fist Rockbone
Stump Beefgnaw
Smash Lampjaw
Punch Rockgroin
Buck Plankchest
Stump Chunkman
Dirk Hardpeck
Rip Steakface
Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Rip Sidecheek
Punch Sideiron
Gristle McThornBody
Slake Fistcrunch
Buff Hardback
Bob Johnson
Blast Thickneck
Crunch Buttsteak
Slab Squatthrust
Lump Beefbroth Touch Rustrod
Reef Blastbody
Big McLargeHuge
Smoke Manmuscle
Eat Punchbeef
Pack Blowfist
Roll Fizzlebeef

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd hate to be the one announcing to the non first choice wingers that they had to draw straws to see who has their finger broken.

Like in Escape To Victory when they had to break the goalie's arm so Sly Stallone could take his place. TELL ME YOU'VE SEEN THIS MOVIE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The stupidest thing is the tournament rules. Why the fuck can't you take 40 players if you want to, they can sit back at the hotel and only play if required. Doesn't hurt to be able to take them.

Besides that, the only selection I'm dirty on is Genia over White. They both take too long to deliver the ball, but White has some points of difference with his kicking. Genia's point of difference used to be his running game, but that doesn't exist anymore.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Continuing on the positivity theme, this is a very good squad, and apart from the schemozzle against New Zealand, we've had an excellent year.

In terms of our RWC preparation, perhaps even the loss to the Kiwis wasn't such a bad thing. It will certainly have shaken out any possible complacency.

It'll be interesting to know what Cheika's thinking is on the two hooker question, because he does think, and thinks innovatively, about tactics. I very much doubt it's to square up the sides for practice sessions.

The selection of McMahon suggests that whatever happens, we're playing the Pooper game plan. That's good. It's a point of difference versus all the other teams. Taking on England (for example) at an attritional game, in England, in English conditions, would simply mean we lose.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's another level of equalisation.

To open squad selection biases heavily against teams without the player base, financial capability to support a 36+ player squad and both, ergo, Rugby Championship and Six Nations sides. Now they're gonna be the ones making the quarters, 9/10 times, but for the poorer established nations and those still developing, it's a helpful measure.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I assume it's to even the playing field. World Rugby only wants to pay for 31 players and if other nations funded the extras, other nations probably couldn't.

I wonder if those 10 extras for the USA game will travel to the UK anyway and hold pads etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.