• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Sharpe and Chisholm.

Officially the most seagulling lock pairing ever?

Do we need wingers now?

Will Naza explode?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Gagger said:
Sharpe and Chisholm.

Officially the most seagulling lock pairing ever?

Do we need wingers now?

Will Naza explode?

OMG

Definitely

No

He already has - that's why we are yet to read from him.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Soooooo,

15 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Hynes
13 Mortlock (c)
12 Barnes
11 Mitchell
10 Giteau
9 Burgess
8 Brown
7 Smith
6 Mumm
5 Sharpe
4 Chisolm
3 Baxter
2 Moore
1 Robinson

16 Freier
17 Dunning
18 TPN/Kepu (?)
19 Waugh
20 Cordingly
21 Cross
22 Turner/Tahu

Mmmmmmmm. Assuming Palu and Lote are out as well.

That bench is interesting.

S

Spook

Well Chisolm needs to prove he has listened to the wise words of Deans. That is, get the fuck stuck in. Training must be intense! We need a new thread..injury updates. Scarfie!

I'd bring Salvi onto the bench instead of playing two hookers - he will play tight. Hoiles anyone? Might be ok when the game gets looser and is a good lineout jumper. Actually, we probably need some tall timber on the bench. What about Tom Hockings?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Salvi and Hoiles aren't on tour.

Which brings the question, why aren't these lads being replaced? They are missing two tests. Out of 5!

S

Spook

The other bloke that has got potential is Timani. 2metres and 120 kgs. Ok might sound Brumbies biased but there aren't many big blokes around :nta:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Spook, at this stage I think I would probably have preferred to bring in Timani and/or Humphreys.

By the way, see the pic below, who is on the far right of the pic? Is that Kepu? Looks too small.

1223750237635.html

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
16172022_gallery__585x400.jpg

This is a picture of the Aus training does anyone know the idea about using the round ball?

On the back up 6, I would go for Kimlin. Chishilm or Kimlin can go play 6 at a pinch

Scotty

David Codey (61)
fp, Kimlin is also injured.

I wonder if we might even see Smith, Waugh and Pocock in the same 22 instead of using TPN as a back up loosie. Probably means you need to start Waugh with Pocock as his cover and Smith covering 6/8. Not ideal considering the apparent difference in form of Waugh and Smith, but a possibility.

I get the feeling that the players might not be replaced as Robbie wants to see what they are all made of!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Thanks scotty, I was just about to amend my post.

Looks like bodies are failing under the load Deans is putting them under

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
hmm, my photo didn't come up in the last window. Again, who is the chap on the right of picture?

16172027_gallery__585x400.jpg

fatprop, perhaps the use of the water polo ball is two fold:

1) to make Berrick Barnes more comfortable considering his choice of head wear; or

2) I know Michael O'Connor has a firm belief that the spin pass is over used in rugby and than the pop/push (whatever you want to call it) pass is more desirable (easier to time, easier to catch etc). Maybe Deans thinks similar and is using the round ball to push this? Harder to spin pass a round ball?

We have an insider to the Wallaby camp on board, perhaps they can sus it out for us?

W

whocares

fatprop said:
This is a picture of the Aus training does anyone know the idea about using the round ball?

I think the ball has a little weight in it or heavier somehow, like a medicine ball but lighter. It helps with passing longer and for passing at the end of the game when your arms are tired. Generally makes for better passing

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
These injuries will not be the most significant fitness issue for the tour.

The most significant fitness issue is that our blokes haven't been playing in a Currie Cup or ANZC. The All Blacks and Springboks will be a lot better in the match fitness department because they have been playing in their domestic comp in recent weeks.

I think we will see our guys struggling in the 2nd half of the Bledisloe match in Hong Kong, just as they did against Ireland in Melbourne.

I think we will take our best form onto the plane home.

Again.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
hmm, my photo didn't come up in the last window. Again, who is the chap on the right of picture?
Yeah that is TPN.

I can't believe that MMM has broken down again, farking hell I'm sick of reading that every month he'll be the next Heenan if he's not already.
$100 say's that he doesn't end up playing on this tour due to his ankle strain being worse than 1st thought.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Tom said:
fatprop said:

I think the ball has a little weight in it or heavier somehow, like a medicine ball but lighter. It helps with passing longer and for passing at the end of the game when your arms are tired. Generally makes for better passing

At Joeys in the 80s there was a coach who occasionally got you to use a brick in line passing practice. Even a waterlogged leather ball felt light after that.

Thinking about how well Deans teams pop pass, this drill makes sense

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nick Farr-Jones's bio tells of him passing bricks around his backyard to strengthen his wrists.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I once passed something that looked like a brick after a big night on the Guiness

T

TOCC

It doesnt look like a medicine ball though, it only looks like a volleyball.

It might have something to do with making sure the players keep there eyes on the ball when its coming towards them because they arent used to the shape of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.