• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Fan Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
To add to the build up to the big one on Saturday I think us fans should take action.

If this was the loigue it would be being called the biggest test in 80 billion years and that the fate of planet Earth would hinge on the result of the tests. Bring on the hyperbole. Everyone has a duty to talk this test up to high heaven. Say that our national economic performance depends on it. Say that our jobs go on the line this weekend.

If we lose this weekend, China & Indonesia will perceive us as weak and declare war on us! Forget about turning the boats back, international diplomacy takes place this weekend.

Not only do we have a duty to talk the game up, but several other things as well.

Firstly, on Thursday, I am advocating every Wallaby fan changing their facebook profile picture to a wallaby player of their choice. The trend will catch on and everyone else will start doing it too.

Secondly, on Friday, everyone needs to at the very least turn up to work with a Wallabies scarf on. If it's casual Friday like my work you will wear you're Wallabies jearsey TO WORK.

Thirdly, if in Sydney you MUST wear you're jearsey whenever you leave you're house for the next week. I am flying into Sydney on Friday and will be wearing my Jearsey to the airport, on the plane, in the car to the hotel etc. WALLABY COLOURS ARE A MUST.

Finally, everyone on facebook and twitter needs to start using #Wallabies or #QantasWallabies (pretty sure they both work). This links everyone to the Wallabies facebook page and will give them likes for the photos they post (which go viral if they get more likes and promote the game even more).

Who has more to add? Let's make this the biggest buildup in a long, long time lads

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
A lot of talk about singing waltzing matilda at the game on sat on Wallaby facebook page. Lets do it. I don't care if you think it's cringeworthy. If you do get some alcohol into you before kick off. I am going to start singing it. Join in.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
Saw around 15 Lions jerseys coming through Darling Harbour and Pyrmont Bridge and zero Wallabies ones - very disappointed!!!

Wear your bloody colours peoples.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Lions have made plans on Facebook & Twitter to start singing as soon as our anthem finishes.

Would be great if ARU had John Williamson lined up to drown them out.

Any news on who's the pregame entertainment

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
The Lions have made plans on Facebook & Twitter to start singing as soon as our anthem finishes.

Would be great if ARU had John Williamson lined up to drown them out.

Any news on who's the pregame entertainment

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
It will be singing;
"To dream the impossible dream" - Warren Gatland
"Two out of three ain't bad" - Robbie Deans
"Stand by me" - James O'Connor
"Stuck in the middle with you (James)" - Will Genia
"I still haven't found what I'm looking for" - Bill Pulver
"Strangers in the night" - B&I Lions

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Saw around 15 Lions jerseys coming through Darling Harbour and Pyrmont Bridge and zero Wallabies ones - very disappointed!!!

Wear your bloody colours peoples.

They are here on holidays. A fair proportion of the Australian crowd actually have to work their day jobs. And my workplace has stated no football jerseys, even on mufti.

Didn't stop one prick wearing his Lions jumper....

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
They are here on holidays. A fair proportion of the Australian crowd actually have to work their day jobs. And my workplace has stated no football jerseys, even on mufti.

Didn't stop one prick wearing his Lions jumper..

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .

I doubt anyone at Darling Harbour yesterday arvo was at work.

And on count;
Went up to North Annandale shops last night 2xLions Jerseys (not on holidays by the sound of it) , no Wallabies nothing (except for me).

Bit more positive this morning, travelling to North Sydney where there is the Wallabies v Lions classic match tonight and only saw 2 people with Lions kit, and that was a ugly* grey track suit thingy, so that doesn't really count.

p.s my works a bit more enlightened

*ugly in the it's not the right colour so your supporting nothing

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Update time folks.

With Smith starting now, we have to take this to a new level.

In my opinion Smith is at the very least the greatest Wallaby 7 ever, if not the best the world has to offer. On Saturday it will be his last game. Confirmed. The send off.

Toutai Kefu has just been called and has agreed to come in to play the last two minutes (apparently Eales ran out of beer or something).

In all seriousness:

i) When Smiths name comes up on the big screen at ANZ, we have to lose it. Lose all common sense.

When the Wallabies come onto the field, that is our further queue: Go full retard.

The Lions are weak. THey have lost their scrum men, their lineoutmen, their breakdown men. They are eating each other to pieces back home.

Lets finish them, devour them. We have to emphatically beat them on the pitch and in the stands.

When I get back to the hostel on Saturday night I want to log onto ebay and say for sale: one chariot, completely and utterly demolished, or pull up google news and hear that Lions are an endangered species in the UK after mass killings from angry Irishmen.

BRING IT ON YERRRRR

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I've already dropped a few on some Poms at the Tahs game: my favourite being "you're just jealous because your ancestors didn't steal enough to live here"

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
"WE ARE GOLD, WE ARE GOLD" needs to ring out.
Screw their "sweet chariots"' and their other nursery rhymes.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What a perfectly timed ADFA scandal! Really looking forward to Ross Wilson belting out Eagle Rock on Saturday night now!

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...ne-of-eagle-rock/story-fncynjr2-1226674199501

IT'S the pants-dropping ritual that the Army won't talk about and it's called the "Eagle Drop".

News.com.au can reveal Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) cadets, caught up in a Canberra "pub crawl", are being punished for following a traditional Australian drinking game.
About 20 cadets and midshipmen are under investigation over a series of incidents, or so-called "hazing" rituals, that occurred during a drunken hotel and pub crawl in Canberra last month.
According to one source, these rituals saw new recruits forced to "fondle other cadets' genitalia, drink urine, have sex with a prostitute for a bet" and to "remove their pants when a particular song was played".
Army sources said the song was the 1971 rock classic, Eagle Rock, written by Ross Wilson and performed by his band Daddy Cool - and that most soldiers considered it a "fun" thing to do while drinking.
The song begins with the words "Now listen, oh we're steppin' out. I'm gonna turn around, Gonna turn around once and we'll do the Eagle Rock".
On the words "Eagle Rock" the cadet undergoing initiation is required to drop his or her trousers and then dance with their pants around their ankles for the rest of the song.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've got my Wallabies polo on today and absolutely pumped for the game tomorrow.

Ready to go full retard.

^ this video is awesome by the way.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
My favourite bit of banter is to remind any Scotsman that it's not that bad coming all this way to not watch anyone from their country, at least they'll get to watch the English lose.

The Welsh Swat, the Scotsman will be watching Welsh and special invited guests lose.

Someone said in another thread that last week people were singing "you're Welsh, and you know you are" to the tune of go west. I think that is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.