• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby injuries recovery time frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
Apologies if this has been mentioned inside another thread, but for ease of reference, I have heard Cooper is out for 6 months... any news on the others:

Kepu - next year?

Robinson?

Moore?

Palu?

Cooper 6 months (late April 2012)

McCabe?

Beale?

Mitchell?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
McCabe...

Quoting Bret Harris from The Australian
Wallabies inside centre Pat McCabe will undergo an operation on his injured shoulder today, which will sideline him for four to six months and see him miss the start of next year's Super Rugby season with the Brumbies.

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
This is what I've picked up elsewhere:

Kepu - 1 month, EOYT

Robinson? February for S15

Moore?

Dan Vickerman 4 months (will miss start of S15)

Elsom 1-4+ months

Palu 3-4 months

Cooper 6 months (May 2012)

McCabe 4 months

Beale 1-4+ months

Mitchell 1 month

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This is what I've picked up elsewhere:

Interesting that out of ten players from the Australian team who have serious injuries, six of them are Tahs. Add TPN who didn't look good when he came off and that is seven out of eleven. Given the Tah injury toll in 2011 does anyone have a reasonable theory as to why the Tahs players are more injury affected? It doesn't only happen for their province, but also when playing in the national squad.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Interesting that out of ten players from the Australian team who have serious injuries, six of them are Tahs. Add TPN who didn't look good when he came off and that is seven out of eleven. Given the Tah injury toll in 2011 does anyone have a reasonable theory as to why the Tahs players are more injury affected? It doesn't only happen for their province, but also when playing in the national squad.

At start of this year the Tahs were talking about how they had bulked-up in the off-season more than ever before to bring in a more physical game. -- Break through to the next level and win the title.

A laudable aim, and it seemed to be going well in the early games, particularly against the Reds. Over the season, though, many Tah players paid a toll as well.

On the upside, the forwards and the scrum were very strong throughout, despite perhaps lack some creativity in the side elsewhere. Just bad luck with the injuries, who knows? If Foley takes the same approach next year maybe we can assess it. Or he might fine tune it...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
From the Australian regarding Dan Vickerman
WALLABIES secondrower Dan Vickerman will be sidelined for up to six months after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction yesterday.

Vickerman, who has returned to the NSW Waratahs after three years studying at Cambridge University, will miss the first three to four months of next year's Super Rugby competition.

The veteran lock showed great courage to play with the injured shoulder at the World Cup in New Zealand, but was unable to take part in the Wallabies' 21-18 win over Wales in the bronze-medal playoff game.

While Vickerman was set to play a key role for the Waratahs next season, they still have several good locks in Sitaleki Timani, Dean Mumm and Kane Douglas on their roster, while back-five forward Dave Dennis can also cover secondrow.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

Average age is higher for the tahs players as well. Maybe its just that they are a bit more knocked around.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Is Sharpe ok for the EOYT? That would mean we'd have to find a lock somewhere unless Deans opts to play McCalman there off the bench and takes an extra backrower.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Is Sharpe ok for the EOYT? That would mean we'd have to find a lock somewhere unless Deans opts to play McCalman there off the bench and takes an extra backrower.

They were saying in the Bronze medal playoff that it was Sharpes last ever game. I was taking that as he was retiring from internationals after the RWC.
Could be wrong.

Either way, we have Horwill and Simmons as starters. I would like to see Pyle and Wykes given a go there. I think Timani should be left for at least another year before given another crack at the top level.

P

pete88

I vote this thread gets sticky-ed and the OP is continually updated. Good (depressing atm) resource for those of us (looking at you, light) who like to be selectors for the next test/3N/Lions Tour/RWC.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Injuries is one thing I wish the super rugby franchises updated their fans on more.

I wish the Tahs weekly email to members gave mention of how each injured player was progressing and how close they were to a return. I think this is something most members would really want to know.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
As much as the injury to Vicks is tragic I hope this means that 2 rats, Mumm and Douglas will really step up at the Breakdown. I'm actually excited for NSW to see how these blokes can progress (yes, mumm included)

Status
Not open for further replies.