• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Inside Backs Headgear Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
Out of the mouths of babes come the darndest things. I'm not sure if you intended to deliberately take the mickey, but not KweeChee (Stoff) or Cheequee (Cyclo), but Richard Chee Quee did in fact play for NSW Cricket as the first Chinese player to play first class cricket in Australia.

Giving you both the benefit of the doubt, I give you both 9.5/10 on the Stinson Awesomeness Scale.

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/4564.html
Richard Chee Quee, who was the first player of Chinese origin to play first-class cricket in Australia, was a powerful top or middle-order batsman who dominated Sydney grade cricket for more than a decade (at Randwick) but despite showing great promise, never quite made his mark in the first-class game. He scored a hundred against the West Indies in 1995-96 and two years earlier smashed 131 in the Mercantile Cup final, but that form was spasmodic. Although he did not play for NSW after 1997-98, he continued to score heavily for Randwick, and when he retired at the end of the 2005-06 campaign, he had made almost 11,000 runs for them, and only six other batsmen had ever made more in Sydney grade cricket.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ddddrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm tisch

Cyclo, your work is appreciated here. TT gave you 9.5 Stinsons. I reckon you were dudded by 0.3 Stinsons, and actually peaked at 9.8 on the Awesomeness Scale.

Maybe TT is using a RMS technique to establish the rating you received.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stoff, lets not forget your efforts.

as a good wingman and provider of the lead in for Cyclo, your score should also be adjusted upward to 9.65.

J

jonty29

What show was this on? does anyone know where i can watch this interview? massive if true.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What show was this on? does anyone know where i can watch this interview? massive if true.

Total rugby on Fox Sports. Its a weekly magazine-format rugby show. Apparently there is some connection between the IRFU and the program so you may be able to view it by investigating their website.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Total Rugby ran a retraction and apology at the end of the show this week. They were just having some fun and thanked Flatley and Larkham for playing along.

And here I was thinking poms had a good sense of humor???

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Thanks for that ChargerWA needed some clearing up

However as i said in a previous post it wasn't clear whether or not the conspiracy was real and It didn't have a retraction on the actual show therefore what am i supposed to have believed.

I did doubt it at the time and also because It wasn't made a big deal out of afterwards.

Just thought you guys would be interested and I ended up being accused of defamation

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Awesome fishing expedition from the poms. Would have been best saved up until April 1 2011, and then rolled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.