• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yeh Rob Horne is playing superbly. I would probably rather him over Cummins anyway.

I dont know if I would go that far I thought Cummins form for the Wallabies has been superb and truely was firming as the first picked winger, even with Speight coming, but maybe the Badge saw the writing on the wall and took off. His going to be absolutely massive in Japan they will love him.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Wow! Only just read this re Nick Cummins leaving, fuck me I'm pretty old school but can't really understand this one. Money is obviously important but what about winning a world cup with your country whilst still on pretty good money by any1s definition. The blokes favourite past time is fucking fishing for god sake.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Wow! Only just read this re Nick Cummins leaving, fuck me I'm pretty old school but can't really understand this one. Money is obviously important but what about winning a world cup with your country whilst still on pretty good money by any1s definition. The blokes favourite past time is fucking fishing for god sake.

There's a good chance he won't even make the squad come next year. Tomane, Spreight, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), and now Horne who plays a similar game all in contention.

I think the badge was just happy he got the chance to play for the wallabies.

A top bloke and I wish him well, but in terms of the wallabies, barring injuries, I think we will be more then fine without him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's a good chance he won't even make the squad come next year. Tomane, Spreight, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), and now Horne who plays a similar game all in contention.

As a regular starter under Link since the EOYT and on the back of good test form there's no doubt Cummins would at the very least be in the squad...........

Big loss IMO...........

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)

I think the badge was just happy he got the chance to play for the wallabies.

A top bloke and I wish him well, but in terms of the wallabies, barring injuries, I think we will be more then fine without him.
I reject this notion he is the incumbent a bloke that gives 100 per cent all the fucking time, does heaps of work off the ball. Has had some cracking performances in gold.

JOC (James O'Connor)....... dont even get me started about that little upstart.

Tomane and Speight are good prospects dont get me wrong but surely if you were Cummins you would be backing yourself to feature

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Seems like we're still coping with all the recent defections (maybe Kane Douglas smarts a little) , but wonder how long it will be before someone 'key' makes the move - before the WC next year - hopefully none. But thereafter.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I reject this notion he is the incumbent a bloke that gives 100 per cent all the fucking time, does heaps of work off the ball. Has had some cracking performances in gold.

JOC (James O'Connor)... dont even get me started about that little upstart.

Tomane and Speight are good prospects dont get me wrong but surely if you were Cummins you would be backing yourself to feature

Being the incumbent gives him an advantage but he far from a clear favourite.

I feel people think he is a clear favourite just because he has a good attitude on and off and the field and is a very likeable character. He has had some solid perfomances but that's not enough at this level.

Too be real, Tomane and Spreight offer more of a threat, as does JOC (James O'Connor) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Horne plays a similar roll and is in just as good form. He is only the incumbent because of injuries to other players.

I wouldn't be gutted if Horne, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Spreight, or Tomane took his place in the team, and I wouldn't be fazed if he kept it either.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The fact that Cummins has been given a release for specific and unusual circumstances and they clearly want him to come back quickly could have a big influence.

For that reason I think he's more likely to be selected for the Rugby Championship.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Horne will be lucky to make the 23, Tomane's form fluctuates, and I don't know who this Spreight fellow is you keep referring to?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think Cummins should be picked, sends a wrong message. Still need a clear one (until it changes) that if you're playing any rugby overseas you're not playing Tests any more.

Horne will be the starting winger until Tomane is fit I assume.

It becomes more interesting once Speight is eligible, I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could find himself on the bench with the two Brumbies on the wings.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Who cares about "messages"? The only message that matters in the near future is the one that says that the Wallabies have won the Bledisloe back.

I don't care how we do it, I don't care what precedents are set, the importance of a victory this season transcends everything else, bar none.

T

Train Without a Station

No it doesn't. If we set a precedent that accelerates the erosion of Australian rugby, who is going to care about the 2014 Bledisloe Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.