• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Well, it would be refreshing for the players after so many years of Robbie speak. I can imagine the look on Bennett's face when Robbie is going through the "group" "journey" routine.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Move along folks, nothing to look at hear.

But if you have any budding journalists in the family it's a good example of how to get a quick 500 words out of nothing much at all. A slow day on the rugby front and at least Big Jim got featured even if the impression created was that he is still on his Ps.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
It isn't the first time, I think I read it in Gregan's book about him coming to training in the less up to the '99 cup. Said he was really quiet, just watching then right at the end he just quietly pointed something out (think it was something to do with support runners) and greegs said it was right on the money and changed some of their thinking, or something like that...

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
fantastic news>
despite the stereotype there are some good people in league
wayne is a great man> im very happy the wallabies could try to use his knowledge>

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Good news.

He's meant to be one of the most inspirational coaches ever. Although you wouldn't think it from the way he speaks in interviews.

I wonder how much of an effect he really could have though, unless he went to the world cup with them.

D

daz

Great coaches and motivators transcend their respective sports. Think of Ric Charlesworth, who made his name as a hockey coach and now consults for nearly every team sport in Australia.

Bennet has to be up there too. Winning one flag is good. To do it consistently is greatness. Clearly, Bennet has his teams playing for him and each other. Who doesn't want that in Rugby?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Im not sure that even Vince Lombardi (Let alone WB) could motivate Quade Cooper to learn the simple skill of tackling.

R

Red Rooster

Not much good going on in australian rugby then - Deans has a NZ stats system, a South African kicking coach and now is using rugby League coaches - obviously the ARU's development process is bringing nobody and nothing else through

Status
Not open for further replies.