• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
He's at Edinburgh along with Grayson Hart. Never looked more than a squad filler

About 4th in the queue at Edinburgh.

You'd argue that he's more likely to get an international jersey in Scotland, but for the next few years, Hamilton, Gray Major, Swinson, Gilchrist, Gray Minor and Al Kellock are ahead of him. Sean Cox is eligible now, Tom Ryder is there if he ever gets over his injuries, Andy Redmayne has looked really promising at club level, Rob Harley has played second row before...

Yeah. The pound and Euro has its allure, regardless of international selection.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Payto and Panda column in News Corp press report Alofa will be leaving for a big money deal to play in France next season with Crawford in talks to join the Rebels in 2015.

Disappointing to see Alofa leave after a decent debut season, but can't begrudge anyone the chance to earn $$$ when it's offered.

T

tranquility

Lock will be a big hole next year, I can't think of anyone that's really pressing the issue at Shute Shield level. Holloway is playing very well but I don't think he's tall enough for a lock. Peterson - no.

Any suggestions?

Why did you blokes not nab Cummins?

T

tranquility

He's not very good, I'd class him in the Peterson range.

Interesting. I do not know anything about him, but he appears to tick all the right boxes. There are a couple at the JRWC who look promising.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Regardless of whether he is any good or not, his surname is an absolute nightmare. I think he's going to have to become Taqele or else we'll have to cut him. :)

Can't wait to hear Marto and Clarke every commentator butcher that name!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Payto and Panda column in News Corp press report Alofa will be leaving for a big money deal to play in France next season with Crawford in talks to join the Rebels in 2015.

Disappointing to see Alofa leave after a decent debut season, but can't begrudge anyone the chance to earn $$$ when it's offered.

Crawford is just too good a player to not start somewhere, the challenge with the Tahs current model is that one wing plays as a defensive centre for big chunks of the game in defence (Horne & Carraro) and then we have Betham, Alofa, Crawford& now Nayavaro fighting for one spot as the "finisher"

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

I expect that Crawford will go straight into 15 for the rebels and become one of their best players. He has serious talent, especially having a nose to find the tryline. That skill, instinct is a better word, could have been very useful this year. We've made a lot of linebreaks that have come to nothing; I suspect that if Crawford had been there some of those breaks would have been finished off.

I know he was down on form at the start of the season, but there's too much talent there not to come to the surface eventually. With Alofa going OS I'd love for Crawford to stay, last year Betham got his Wallaby cap because Crawford was injured. I'm not convinced about Taqele at all yet, he looks like he could be a lemon.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Big, fast, can kick, tackle, good hands. Crawford is the real deal and I hope Cheika gets him to stay and force his way back in.

As for Peterson - watched the Manly v Rats game and barely noticed him except when the big sook got injured. I want Super contracted players to fucking DOMINATE at SS level and lead the crowd.

Bring Coleman back from the West.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It would be disappointing to lose both Crawford and Alofa. Hopefully we manage to keep one of them at least.

It's difficult though. I'd prefer to keep Horne ahead of both of them. He has now shown to be a strong player at 12, 13 and 14. It hasn't worked every game, but overall I think the Tahs have benefited greatly from having Foley and Beale together on the park (whilst still having Folau at 15) and having Horne to defend in the midfield certainly makes that work better.

It's a tough situation for Crawford. He got an opportunity last year because of injuries and he took it beautifully. This year, his and Betham's injuries gave Alofa and Horne opportunities and they took them with both hands.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if Cameron Skelton will be training with the Tahs in the offseason trying to get an EPS contract? We'd be crazy not to give him a crack!

BpHU8MYCQAAjs-r.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've never seen him play.

He's 2-3 years younger. Is he really that far off what Will was like when he finished school?

I saw Will out of school and whilst he wasn't very good he was still ahead of Cameron. For instance Will played 1st colts, Cameron is usually in 2s or 3s. There's potential in the size I guess but he need a lot of work.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I saw Will out of school and whilst he wasn't very good he was still ahead of Cameron. For instance Will played 1st colts, Cameron is usually in 2s or 3s. There's potential in the size I guess but he need a lot of work.

I'm still worried Will Skelton is getting rushed into test rugby. Its been an extraordinary run from bench Waratah player to test squad member. I would counsel leaving Cameron in colts till he shows a bit more of what his brother has. Lets wait and see what another year in Colts will do for him until we bring him into the EPS.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cam Skelton will need a lot more application before being considered for Tahs.

He is a big unit that needs to be knocked into shape. His is only in his first year out of school, and should be eligible for a tilt at Aus U20 next year, or if not, a second tilt at Jnr RWC for Samoa. If he can make the Aust U20's squad, then consideration could be made about bringing him into Tahs.

He is with Sydney University Colts ATM. The Corporation will knock him into shape, and will not be promoting him into Grade if he isn't any performing or in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.