• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sure mate

So you think it's acceptable for the Wallabies Captain to be dragged into the headlines for the drunk and disorderly conduct of someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not an either/or situation. Clearly it's not good for any high profile player to be dragged into negative press.

Being able to avoid it completely is also not a realistic solution. I'm sure Hooper couldn't foresee that his friend was going to get them into trouble.

T

TOCC

And, if Hooper hadn't tried to push a sign post over then he probably wouldn't have been mentioned in the issue at all.. It's a non-event, but alarm bells need to be ringing in his head next time he is out and the situation behind to get rowdy and destroying property, it's ridiculous that rugby union gets dragged into the news for incidents like this.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This all happened directly outside my digs.
The car was parked below my bedroom window.
No one in the building heard a thing.
This is a beat up: the cops here are very Toey because of the crowds and approaching NYE.
The sign is in the same position it was yesterday.
A complete beat up.

Stivo

Frank Row (1)
Sounds like a bit of a beat up, In saying that Hooper should remember that positions of authority/leadership have a certain level of expectation placed upon them, and in this circumstance it would be to avoid associating with someone who is going to act like a wanka damaging property after a few drinks.

Don't make bullshit post and play the ball not the man.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not a beat up for the guys car who's been jumped on... But not a big issue, but not a good look.

Although see give a tah the captaincy and it's only a matter of time till he fucks it up.

Punishment should be to cut his hair..

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You pick a captain on the man that they are, not on the man you think they should be. These people were his friends before he was made captain and there is no reason why they shouldn't be now. We have no idea of the character of the people involved and no idea of what actually happened.

Stivo has now made this a zero tolerance thread.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Apparently Hooper was on the piss in Byron Bay around 1:30am, he was with a mate who was jumping on cars and they both knocked over a sign post.. The other bloke is expected to be charged but Hooper isn't.

was he with Cameron Shepherd?

T

TOCC

You pick a captain on the man that they are, not on the man you think they should be. These people were his friends before he was made captain and there is no reason why they shouldn't be now. We have no idea of the character of the people involved and no idea of what actually happened.

Stivo has now made this a zero tolerance thread.

Be friends with whoever you want, but common sense dictates that if 'said mate' is a loose cannon when he is drinking then perhaps you avoid situations where you are drinking with him or situations where his drinking could cause issues for you.. Especially when you are Wallaby captain and new outlets will jump on any misdemeanour that you are associated with.

Hooper did nothing wrong(except for knocking over a sign post), but that's not to say he shouldn't avoid these situations in the future..

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Who says his mate is a loose cannon? He may have been having a bad night.

I should add that I don't think Hooper should be Wallaby captain and never have.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wonder if KB (Kurtley Beale) will offer his support and be behind Hooper. It would be returning the favor.

I guess you cant choose how your friends act, but you can usually choose whether to turn around and walk away.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This all happened directly outside my digs.
The car was parked below my bedroom window.
No one in the building heard a thing.
This is a beat up: the cops here are very Toey because of the crowds and approaching NYE.
The sign is in the same position it was yesterday.
A complete beat up.

This should make G&GR history - someone who was actually there contributing to the discussion.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.