• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
No cans is meant to be about public safety -- can't chuck cups and hurt someone. But there is never any argy bargy at Tahs games, so what does it matter?

Richo - up until the S15 final (wherein you had an enormous participating crowd) you haven't had enough fans to argy bargy

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Can anyone tell me what ever came of the Johnson Falefa chap?

It was big news this time last year that he signed for the Tahs and then there was never anymore talk of him

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Looking at his Instagram feed he was gonna play ITM for northland, but then looks like he's doing some building work.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
From Georgina Robinson's SMH Breakdown column:

TAH FOR THE MEMORIES
Change is afoot at the Waratahs, with media and communications head Nicki Drinkwater departing after three years for a role at Coca-Cola Amatil.

Drinkwater handled the corporate arm of the Waratahs' media business, leaving the team and player arrangements to Russell Fairfax. She is currently recruiting her replacement.

Expect to see big changes at Moore Park in the coming months.

Look forward to seeing what other changes are coming within the Tahs backoffice.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Nicki Drinkwater is going to Coca Cola Amatil (CCA). Guess she was recruited by Sally Loane Director of Media at CCA and Tahs board member.

Yes, I think there are going to be some big changes at Tah HQ,

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
^^^ Is Jason going as well?

Well he has achieved a KPI of the Tahs winning a Super Rugby title under his watch! How much he actually contributed is up for debate though. ;)

Yes, I think there are going to be some big changes at Tah HQ,

Especially if the NSWRU decide to opt for private ownership of the team. Whoever is in charge, No 1 of top of the "To Do List" would be to extend Cheik's contract ASAP.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
To take a bit of a tinfoil approach to Drinkwater leaving.

She apparently wasn't overly popular in HQ and has moved into a similar area at CCA as board member Sally Loane. I wonder if it was an arranged exit plan to keep all parties happy.

I'm sure the CCA role would be a promotion from working at a sporting franchise.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Reds 2015 thread is nearly 100 pages ahead of the Waratahs 2015 Thread. Do we need to lift our game?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All the handwringing up in Banjoland is pretty much over with most of the 2015 squad announced.

How are the Tahs contracts for next season looking?

Is our roster full, and if not what gaps are there?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
To take a bit of a tinfoil approach to Drinkwater leaving.

She apparently wasn't overly popular in HQ and has moved into a similar area at CCA as board member Sally Loane. I wonder if it was an arranged exit plan to keep all parties happy.

I'm sure the CCA role would be a promotion from working at a sporting franchise.

Thought that myself.

Jumping from the frying pan into the fire with the way CCL has been performing though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We might even end up with someone in the media department who has a clue. GR&G struggled to get interviews for the podcast from the Tahs all season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.