• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Cheik gets his way (which he seems to have a habit of doing) then KB (Kurtley Beale) will be back with him at the Tahs next year.

Surely he wants KB (Kurtley Beale) on the plane on Friday too, what else could be holding up his ARU talks?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm wouldn't advocate a life ban, but I don't think Beale should be involved in Australian rugby in any capacity next year, he can serve his penance elsewhere and Australian rugby shouldn't be used as a bargaining chip to fund it. If he returns afterwards (post world cup at a minimum) it'll be on the same terms JOC (James O'Connor) is coming back now, no top up and some pretty strict conduct clauses.

Is the ARU likely to refuse to register a Super Rugby contract though. I highly doubt it. They've never done it before to my knowledge.

I think it will ultimately be up to Beale whether he plays for the Waratahs next year or not.

Remember that JOC (James O'Connor) could have stayed in Australian Rugby and played for the Force if they had been able to reach an agreement.

T

Train Without a Station

JOC (James O'Connor)'s actions were different too.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Plenty have been quoting high standards expected in the Rugby Workplace as the reason to bone KB (Kurtley Beale).

I am told that the legal profession has high standards of behaviour.
This lawyer looks like getting stood down for two months for his sexual harassment.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/l...n-one-hour-20141021-1197xg.html#ixzz3GogHa15I

Extract:
The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) found the lawyer did not have Asperger's but had "a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality" where on the one hand he was seen as a highly competent, respected, intelligent and outgoing solicitor and friend. On the other hand, VCAT found his behaviour towards the woman portrayed "a persistent sexual predator capable of considerable cunning, humiliating behaviour and deceit".
The appeal judges said that to treat a woman he was training in that fashion was "unquestionably despicable unprofessional conduct".
But the judges, in granting the appeal, said there was no evidence to suggest the lawyer had preyed on any other woman, he had already paid $100,000 compensation and his professional standards were "impeccable".

Not saying that what KB (Kurtley Beale) (if the facts confirm the allegations) did was right or excusable, but the above example is an actual case of sexual harassment in the workplace and despicable unprofessional conduct, and there is no talk of life bans or complete de-registration.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
JOC (James O'Connor)'s actions were different too.

Of course the situation was different, but it's probably the most comparable in terms of the ARU punishing a player by removing their ARU top up contract.

Seems unlikely that the ARU would take that step to refuse someone's Super Rugby contract.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Is the ARU likely to refuse to register a Super Rugby contract though. I highly doubt it. They've never done it before to my knowledge.

I think it will ultimately be up to Beale whether he plays for the Waratahs next year or not.

Remember that JOC (James O'Connor) could have stayed in Australian Rugby and played for the Force if they had been able to reach an agreement.
My understanding was that after the airplane incident in perth it may have been the case, but there was no deal they needed to refuse, which is the way these things usually seem to go with teams told on the quiet the player is temporarily unsignable. I don't have a specific precedent in aus rugby, but in the NRL Greg bird and Todd Carney are a couple that come to mind. Bird's actions were worse than Beale's but Carney has a similar record to Beale, and the final straw was arguably not as bad.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

I'm not sure that the ARU intend to do much at all. If they didn't want him to play next year they could just not offer him a contract. This current process strikes me as a way to keep him in Australian rugby.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Plenty have been quoting high standards expected in the Rugby Workplace as the reason to bone KB (Kurtley Beale).

I am told that the legal profession has high standards of behaviour.
This lawyer looks like getting stood down for two months for his sexual harassment.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/l...n-one-hour-20141021-1197xg.html#ixzz3GogHa15I

Extract:
The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) found the lawyer did not have Asperger's but had "a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality" where on the one hand he was seen as a highly competent, respected, intelligent and outgoing solicitor and friend. On the other hand, VCAT found his behaviour towards the woman portrayed "a persistent sexual predator capable of considerable cunning, humiliating behaviour and deceit".
The appeal judges said that to treat a woman he was training in that fashion was "unquestionably despicable unprofessional conduct".
But the judges, in granting the appeal, said there was no evidence to suggest the lawyer had preyed on any other woman, he had already paid $100,000 compensation and his professional standards were "impeccable".

Not saying that what KB (Kurtley Beale) (if the facts confirm the allegations) did was right or excusable, but the above example is an actual case of sexual harassment in the workplace and despicable unprofessional conduct, and there is no talk of life bans or complete de-registration.

Is KB (Kurtley Beale) going to pay 100K in compo?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
"Poker Face"?

1413963968188.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...-is-up-for-the-challenge-20141022-11a3os.html

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Happy to wait until investigation complete and, if guilty (yeah right) the penalty imposed. That should go at least 20 pages on G&G

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
If Cheik gets his way (which he seems to have a habit of doing) then KB (Kurtley Beale) will be back with him at the Tahs next year.

Surely he wants KB (Kurtley Beale) on the plane on Friday too, what else could be holding up his ARU talks?

KB (Kurtley Beale)'s not in the squad for Europe. Consequence of delaying the hearing until after the plane leaves, I guess.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How is our playing roster looking for 2015?

While the ARU will not be "funding" EPS next year, there will need to be a Wider Training Group or some such mob organised to warehouse up and coming and fringe Tahs.

Who has played their way into this wider training group from NRC?

Is there any development tours or games for Waratahs A as part of preseason?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
To me, as a Reds supporter, it will be very interesting to see if Cheika can put in the same effort in 2015, wearing 2 hats - Wallaby and Tahs.

Tahs at the top, but hard to stay there - Reds are going to surge in 2015

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
To me, as a Reds supporter, it will be very interesting to see if Cheika can put in the same effort in 2015, wearing 2 hats - Wallaby and Tahs.

I'm sure that there will be some effect, but in 2015 being a RWC year there are less tests (no June tests against NH teams), Super rugby finishes on 4 July (the final) and the RC starts on 18 July v Boks in Brisbane.

I don't think it would be possible to wear the 2 hats in anything but an RWC year.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think for the Future when Cliffy fades away or signs in Japan the Tahs need to groom Tala Gray and Jed Holloway as much as possible. Also, there's an Aussie lad playing for Montuaban in France called Keliti Vaingalo, He's built like a wardrobe filled with cement and may be the bullocking replacement for Cliff when he returns.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)

with TGD in charge, the Reds are certain to surge, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.