• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did I hear that Latu has a hamstring injury?

Are we into a Bradbury situation of trying to work out who is our #4 and #5 Hooker to come into the squad to cover injuries to TPN and Latu?
Perhaps Luke Holmes and Folau Fainga'a, with Roach as the starting hooker?

Fainga'a looked pretty good in the Shute Shield TV match against Eastwood.

Who else is running around in Shute Shield or in Europe/Japan and available for a mercy flight home?

T

TOCC

Latu did his Hamstring and Horne with a broken hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'd just like to hear/see something good from this Tahs' set piece. Can't help but think Blades' appointment is a massive error, and that Gibson is so happy to have the head coach gig he'll let a few things "settle in".

Not the way to do it. Last year was, in my opinion, a backward step, and not just because we didn't win. There were simply things that weren't done well enough, perhaps because Cheika was focused on two things at once, perhaps because he was giving the reins over to Gibson.

But fucking hell this scrum is a laughing stock, and beyond the fact the wrong guys are being selected in the wrong positions shows Blades is just flinging darts and hoping they stick.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Dennis shouldn't be starting another game this year with Dempsey taking his blindside spot and a real lock coming in.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Dennis shouldn't be starting another game this year with Dempsey taking his blindside spot and a real lock coming in.

Who is the real lock in the squad, apart from Skelton who is only an option at 2 in the lineout or as a lifter? Just as with recruitment for Hooker, the loss of Douglas has never been adequately filled. The Tahs have 2 6/locks and two heavy limited lock options in the squad. Throwing will also be an issue (more of an issue as TPN and Latu were shaky to begin with) with two reserve, reserve hookers coming in. Even though they finally managed to hold the Reds scrum I still have serious concerns for health and safety about the Tahs with Roach starting at Hooker and continuing with Ta'avao at THP.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Lousi looks a bit like a lock to me.

And don't worry about Roach's ability. With a couple of average props he'll be fine. Pity ours are pretty much below par.

Oh, except Fatcat, when he is allowed onto the field.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Who is the real lock in the squad, apart from Skelton who is only an option at 2 in the lineout or as a lifter? Just as with recruitment for Hooker, the loss of Douglas has never been adequately filled. The Tahs have 2 6/locks and two heavy limited lock options in the squad. Throwing will also be an issue (more of an issue as TPN and Latu were shaky to begin with) with two reserve, reserve hookers coming in. Even though they finally managed to hold the Reds scrum I still have serious concerns for health and safety about the Tahs with Roach starting at Hooker and continuing with Ta'avao at THP.

The two Robbos should start, they worked hard and locked down most of their scrums, tall props need to be technically gifted to get their angles right, to get any power from the locks. Dennis and Skelton were fine last year with Fatcat and Kepu, we had a solid scrum that could focus pressure and work hard to be stable.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The two Robbos should start, they worked hard and locked down most of their scrums, tall props need to be technically gifted to get their angles right, to get any power from the locks. Dennis and Skelton were fine last year with Fatcat and Kepu, we had a solid scrum that could focus pressure and work hard to be stable.

Last year they also had the technical expertise of Ladesma to assist. I do not think that Blades is up to the task.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Last year they also had the technical expertise of Ladesma to assist. I do not think that Blades is up to the task.

That only goes so far though - whatever Ledesma did, Blades shouldn't fuck with, unless he's a complete idiot.

For me, the problems are selection. Can't pick Paddy at LHP. Just. Can't.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Folau is one try away from equalling Lote Tiquiri as the Tahs highest try scorer ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
A bit early to tell, but the decision to try to convert Ryan to LHP does have me scratching my head

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Do front rowers even have hammies?

I can assure you that we do. It's what effectively ended my playing time. After a 6 year break I started playing again. Only got two games before I tore my hammy its entire length at training. Running passing drills. It's a fundamental weakness now to go with my right ankle.

Status
Not open for further replies.