• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Gibson is set to be re-signed as head coach for the next two years.

It will be some time before we know whether this is a good decision or not.

Certainly the keys heading into next season are the re-signing of Folau, Hooper and Foley and then the recruitment of a lock and a winger.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hooper and Foley must be certainties. Izzy is the wild card. With Naiyaravoro gone, if Izzy also departs, then the Tahs will need to do some outstanding recruitment to remain at the top of the table next year.

Gibson/Cron has the hallmark of a very successful coaching team if they can get the players they need.

Reactions: dru

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
A big MUST that is being overlooked is the signing/development of a THP to replace Kepu in 2020 or in addition to him if he kicks on.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A big MUST that is being overlooked is the signing/development of a THP to replace Kepu in 2020 or in addition to him if he kicks on.
Definitely.

Will be interesting to see how Vui develops next year there and whether Harry Johnson-Holmes reverts back to THP at some point (played there through U20s).

The other contracted prop is Cody Walker.

I think there is an outside chance Slipper could end up at the Waratahs next year if the price is right. That doesn't help us at THP though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Fuck that comment hurts. Have to say though, I really hope you are right. [It's a good hurt.]
I'd love to get Slipper, but I think he'll move likely to be a Rebel given the relative strengths of the remaining franchises in a RWC year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'd love to get Slipper, but I think he'll move likely to be a Rebel given the relative strengths of the remaining franchises in a RWC year

That would be an equal frustration and equal thanks.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
How could they afford him?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yes, he is contracted but if Thorn remains steadfast in his refusal not to pick him I think he will look elsewhere rather than just play club rugby.
There would be other factors for the man to consider before he could move states i should think.

Status
Not open for further replies.