• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unless one of the Twiggy teams can match what he's earning up north he may as well stay put, as the likelihood of him making the Wallabies is next to zilch.

It's not like he's a better player now than four years ago when he wasn't considered for test duties.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Unless one of the Twiggy teams can match what he's earning up north he may as well stay put, as the likelihood of him making the Wallabies is next to zilch.

It's not like he's a better player now than four years ago when he wasn't considered for test duties.

He is one of the most talented Aussie rugby players there is, if he gets his mindset right there’s no reason he cant recapture the form that saw him one of the youngest to ever debut for our country. He also needs to play in his correct position which is most certainly not 5/8 or inside centre which he was getting played at during his last stint in Aus.

Even if he doesn’t recapture that great form he would still be a walk up start to any Aus super rugby side except maybe the rebels, and that’s including your brumbies

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
No, he used to be.... not anymore.

No he wasn’t... he was playing at fullback for the Reds.

Talent isn’t something that just disappears, you’ve either got it or you don’t, he has it in spades.

Apologies my mistake, although I don’t think his best position is fullback either. And it was also revealed that he probably played that whole qld reds with a serious PCL injury.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
No, he used to be.... not anymore.

No he wasn’t... he was playing at fullback for the Reds.

What a great blooper video.
We have:
O'Connor's kick.
The try scorer doing a hammy just before he has the ball kicked directly to him.
The commentator referring to Michael O'Connor's mistake.

A great laugh to start the year.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Being a Reds member I saw every game that season including that blooper against the Sharks. He was getting bagged out constantly by the media and fans but he was busting his arse trying to make things happen. The reds were terrible that year and he coped way too much blame for it.

This season for sale he started 4 games at 13 and 1 at 12 (and 1 off the bench).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Even after the all the bags and shit, i doubt he'd be cut price enough to warrant giving him a shot. He'd cost us a lot of salary cap in positions we aren't really short, particularly with Hunt coming down.

We need some grunt in the forwards. Big Kepu can't keep doing everything.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Even after the all the bags and shit, i doubt he'd be cut price enough to warrant giving him a shot. He'd cost us a lot of salary cap in positions we aren't really short, particularly with Hunt coming down.

Is Hunt a definite signing? After Reg sowed the seed of doubt I haven’t read any confirmation. I agree that if Hunt signs then tight 5 is a priority

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

I’d argue we need one more gun back signing to have a backline/reserves that could match it with the best teams in the comp.

Besides Skelton there isn’t any big forwards of note that look like they’ll be available to be signed for this year, meaning any more forwards signed will be at a base price. I’d be confident there’d be enough room to sign O’connor. Although I think for sake of Australian rugby I’d like to see him go to the brumbies as they probably need him more

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I’d argue we need one more gun back signing to have a backline/reserves that could match it with the best teams in the comp.

Besides Skelton there isn’t any big forwards of note that look like they’ll be available to be signed for this year, meaning any more forwards signed will be at a base price. I’d be confident there’d be enough room to sign O’connor. Although I think for sake of Australian rugby I’d like to see him go to the brumbies as they probably need him more
I’ve no idea how much of the cap is left, but I think if Hunt doesn’t get signed and JOC (James O'Connor) willing to take a big pay cut to try and make RWC, perhaps. He’s still only 28 and hopefully matured mentally. If Hunt and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) sign then there won’t be much game time for them all to push for RWC

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I’ve no idea how much of the cap is left, but I think if Hunt doesn’t get signed and JOC (James O'Connor) willing to take a big pay cut to try and make RWC, perhaps. He’s still only 28 and hopefully matured mentally. If Hunt and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) sign then there won’t be much game time for them all to push for RWC

I think forcing players like JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt to fight for their spot in the starting side would be the best thing for them. Unless there's an invention that would make people never want cocaine again.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Nope.........

Status
Not open for further replies.