• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yep, you threw up some good options. Lloyd from Force also an option. I thought Fotuaika looked a good pick up for Reds

Harry Lloyd is definitely one of the most promising props around. While I would not personally like to see him at the Tahs, it is a pity he has been lost to Super Rugby for at least another year while the GRR start up is delayed.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Harry Lloyd is definitely one of the most promising props around. While I would not personally like to see him at the Tahs, it is a pity he has been lost to Super Rugby for at least another year while the GRR start up is delayed.
I'd have had Lloyd over Tom Ross every day of the week.. But I don't think either of them would have been getting much time at the Brumbies this year..

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I rate Hoopert. Saw him in U20 last year and was the pick of the props. Hes no monster, but very good around the park.

Pretty sure he got a try in the Cheifs trial.
He was really owned in NRC at scrum time. Scoring tries in a trial doesn’t equate to much as a prop. He’s only young so I’m not writing him off, but he was an odd pick when a lot of people rated Faagase

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
None spring to mind.Kepu back in this week, Vui out for only 1 week (he was never going to be a starter). Plenty of young props already signed , they’ll have to take this as an opportunity. The Brumbies are the only Australian franchise with depth in this position

Vui was going to have to be a starter with the rest policy for Kepu.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
If I was a winger looking to the 13 to put me into some space, I would prefer Rona over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) everyday of the week

I thought Rona was good throughout the year. I wonder if he became frustrated with players being injured for 13 for the wallabies and he was overlooked when Cheika picked people to play out of position rather than give him a shot

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
There’s two ways to go, sign a journeyman or rely on the young blokes. Vui, Cody Walker and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) were all Oz under 20s props two years ago. Can you suggest who the journeyman who is superior and should have been signed is?

Players mentioned by others before I could. When Kepu gets rested with Robertson being out long term which was known last year, a bit more experience would have been great to help the kids through these times.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Vui was going to have to be a starter with the rest policy for Kepu.
Early reports are that Vui is out for 1 week. Even if it’s more serious then we have Sunwolves in round 2 then a bye. The players mentioned are (apart from the fact that they are predominantly LHPs) had signed elsewhere so it’s really a moot point

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Round 1 all but sold out at Brookvale. Should be a good atmosphere with 23k capacity.

How do you know its sold out? I bought 5 today ( admittedly in the morning with a few friends as well) but it sill looks like you can get GA.
Would be magnificent and a nice financial benefit for the tahs - if they win even better. Apparently all the corporate hospitality has been sold for the new Western Sydney stadium as well.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Early reports are that Vui is out for 1 week. Even if it’s more serious then we have Sunwolves in round 2 then a bye. The players mentioned are (apart from the fact that they are predominantly LHPs) had signed elsewhere so it’s really a moot point

LHP that is what Robertson is and is injured long term so an experienced replacement would have been good.

Harry Johnson Holmes has played 1 and 3 so a bench spot to continue his development and run on with rest policy would have brought him along for the future. The problem is having too many kids in the front row

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
LHP that is what Robertson is and is injured long term so an experienced replacement would have been good.

Harry Johnson Holmes has played 1 and 3 so a bench spot to continue his development and run on with rest policy would have brought him along for the future. The problem is having too many kids in the front row

3 of our kids were Australian under 20s front row 2 years ago. It’s their time to step up to the next level while having Robertson and Kepu to mentor them. How old were Sio, AAAA, Robertson, Thor, Slipper and Kepu when they made their Super Rugby debut?. It would have been nice to secure Slipper, but apart from him, no props of experience were available last year when Robbo got injured

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
How do you know its sold out? I bought 5 today ( admittedly in the morning with a few friends as well) but it sill looks like you can get GA.
Would be magnificent and a nice financial benefit for the tahs - if they win even better. Apparently all the corporate hospitality has been sold for the new Western Sydney stadium as well.
Read in the Herald it was almost all sold out, checked sales online and a few sections were already sold out.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
That’s a huge financial result!
When was the last time the Tahs had 23k payers at a game?

The most they had last year was a tick over 18k so 23k is a great number. It will be interesting to see how many they get out at the SCG compared to some of the more suburban venues. Perhaps even when Allianz is back in operation the occasional match in clubland won't be so bad for the balance sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.