• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That was my thinking. There was a post on Leicester Tigers FB fan page about possibly being sentenced & what that would mean for them & TPN.
Is it his first offense ? does anyone know why he had no license ? but I dont think he will be sacked by the Tah's .. but I'm glad his at the Tah's and not the Brumbies... problem child level expert.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Is it his first offense ? does anyone know why he had no license ? but I dont think he will be sacked by the Tah's .. but I'm glad his at the Tah's and not the Brumbies. problem child level expert.

There's no evidence that it wasn't, however there's no doubt a reason he doesn't have a license. It could have been something as minor as speeding while on his Ps or something and he never renewed it. Regardless, it's very unlikely he will get jail time, a fine and he won't be getting his licence back anytime soon the most likely outcome.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I did some googling and, technically, prison is possible for anything above low range. So 0.08 + can carry a maximum 9 month sentence.

That said I've never heard of anyone going to prison for a DUI.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I did some googling and, technically, prison is possible for anything above low range. So 0.08 + can carry a maximum 9 month sentence.

That said I've never heard of anyone going to prison for a DUI.

Usually that privilege is reserved for multiple offenders, the people that turn up on A Current Affair and the like.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Usually that privilege is reserved for multiple offenders, the people that turn up on A Current Affair and the like.
Or if there is significant personal injury/deaths.

I recall the good old days, Royce Simmons drove his car into someone’s house.
His penalty?
A fundraiser to help him out, because his insurance was invalid due to him being pissed as a newt

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I saw him in Willoughby a while ago, i assume he lives around there. Public transport options to para are grim.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Now that the season is finally over let's look at how the season went the way it did.

The Tahs started poorly failing to beat a Beauden Barret less Hurricanes. They limped along throughout the season getting close on may occasions with their much improved defence. Their attack let them down and the pointless and aimless kicking throughout the games showed nothing.

With so many experienced heads and wallaby players in the side there wasn't really an excuse for the Tahs season. It comes down to the plan and that rests with Gibson. 3 out of 4 seasons so far have been a failure under him and yet he gets another extension. How many other organisations would be happy with the results and then reward the coach??

This is what I have seen in the good, the bad and the ugly of 2019:

The Good:

HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is starting to look the goods
Swinton adds aggression to the pack
Tandy teaching the Tahs that defence is not a dirty word
The fact that the season is over
Beating the Crusaders

The Bad:

Recruitment and retention. A token big man does not improve the pack that needs mongrel and balance.
The game plan of pointless kicking, lack of go forward etc.
Latu and his brain explosion suspension
Nearly losing to the Sunwolves the first time.
The attack. The Tahs really lacked attack this season. I know Big T is gone but still the attack looked lost so many times

The Ugly:

Gibson getting a contract extension before a ball is kicked
The light mobile pack getting repeatedly owned
The Israel Folau saga
The Latu drink driving charge
Cron leaving
Losing to the Sunwolves

With so many players off contract and several already gone, this is the chance for the Tahs to really recruit in areas they need.
The problem is the Tahs have apparently started to negotiate to keep so many of the players that have produced the same results.
I think that next year if recruitment mentality isn't changed then it will be more of the same.
Gibson needs to go. He should never have seen past 2017. 2018 was Big T and Folau. His game plan, his recruitment, his pointless light and mobile pack, his refusal to change, his lack of results.
Over to you Tahs management.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
As regards recruitment i dont think beggars can be choosers. Just retaining players like HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is a win. The money available even for for mid range players like Rona overseas means we ought to be happy with the journeymen. Even if it sucks.

I thought Mason was actually pretty good in a match where no one gave a shit, clearly.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Apparently there will be a review this week into the season 2019 to see what went wrong.

Will anything change?? Probably not with Gibson still pulling the strings

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
We are in no position to talk, but you would have to think the management of this team has been pretty diabolical.

I would love to have Simon Cron at the Reds.

Gibson said last year that he admitted that he burnt out players and vowed to change that and use more of his depth. Then leaves the agreed to resting policy to the last game. He signed the players but refused to use them even if they were on the bench when the on field players were tired. He didn't trust his bench to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.