• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Disagree about not being able to 'create' a team, it just takes time, money, nous, support from the 'head office' and some dedicated officials prepared to stick it out.
AFL did it in Sydney with the Swans, and now have done it again with the GWS Giants, while soccer has done it with the Wanderers.
I guess most of the above rule that out for rugby :(

Mainly the money part.

Also the jury is still out on the GWS Giants. Untold millions pumped into that team and they still struggle to get 10k to a game.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
l0ll. haha. there is NO WAY that NSFW are seriously goign to enter a side in this years comp. Not again. Not after last year.

After the Auckland Blues come to town in Week 2 I can seriously see NSFW withdrawing their side from the entire competition. Think of the children. Avert your eyes, wee ones. Blues have turned the corner baby. And that corner says "Paremoremo jailbreakers this way."

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Shit place to get to. Tight streets around LO make driving difficult. Best way to get there via tram to Leichhardt North and walk. But, the first bit's steep uphill. :(

B

Bobby Sands

Shit place to get to. Tight streets around LO make driving difficult. Best way to get there via tram to Leichhardt North and walk. But, the first bit's steep uphill. :(

Apologies ahead of time, but this is genuinely almost satirical.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Looking at the photos on Facebook and the Hunt interview on Fox sports there are a few younger players training. With a few spots left I wonder if the Tahs will be offering training contracts over the next few weeks?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Looking at the photos on Facebook and the Hunt interview on Fox sports there are a few younger players training. With a few spots left I wonder if the Tahs will be offering training contracts over the next few weeks?

They've already got so many of the 2019 Australian U20 Team involved, I'm not sure how much younger/deeper they can go.

Cotton, Bell, Breen, Harris, Tafa, Tizzano, Mcdonald, Harrison, Walton, Dawaqa, Donaldson (the ones I know of)

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
My thoughts are similar, I wonder how much of there salary cap they have used up - definitely not worth overpaying someone washed up
Does it matter? There is not currently an available player worth it or part of it. I'd prefer they spent it elsewhere than paying massive overs for someone.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Agree with the above. Provided all the so-called Tahs fans don't start baying for Penney's blood when we lose a few with team full of under 20's.
Would love to see us developing our own, and happy with Penney's appointment, but this is going to take time.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree with the above. Provided all the so-called Tahs fans don't start baying for Penney's blood when we lose a few with team full of under 20's.
Would love to see us developing our own, and happy with Penney's appointment, but this is going to take time.

Yep, will see how many "fair weather" fans there are. Realistically, anything's got to be an improvement on last couple of years. It's been enough to make a supporter lose heart with all the ups and downs!

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yep, will see how many "fair weather" fans there are. Realistically, anything's got to be an improvement on last couple of years. It's been enough to make a supporter lose heart with all the ups and downs!

Given the poor attendances at home games in the last couple of years I'd say the fair weather friends have all gone. Only those who stay despite losing heart are still watching.

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
I mainly signed up because of the new coach and young squad. Better to go down trying new things and maybe have some excitement along the way that another season like last year where the season was over by March despite the names we had on the books.