• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The Wara-Roos lol
1000243700.jpg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
And yeah, he seems like he's a really good recruit.

Genuine size and looks like a good player to me. He's 21 with limited experience. Anyone expecting him to be an instant star was setting pretty unreasonable expectations in my view.
He seems like exactly the kind of player we constantly lose. A depth option with the potential to develop into a regular starter who could probably be earning more overseas.

I wonder why he left France. Those dudes love foreign locks.

Marce

John Thornett (49)

Genuine size and looks like a good player to me. He's 21 with limited experience. Anyone expecting him to be an instant star was setting pretty unreasonable expectations in my view.
Maybe due to his size I have huge expectations. I'm tire to see loose forwards as locks

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Don't expect to see Teddy Wilson tun out for the tahs next week, he's off with the Australian Sevens side in Singapore:
Haven't seen him turnout for the Waratahs since Jack Grant came back from injury - played all Shute Shield so far this season.

Good luck to him in 7s - he is robust enough, with great short distance acceleration.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Don't expect to see Teddy Wilson tun out for the tahs next week, he's off with the Australian Sevens side in Singapore:
And congratulations to Teddy on his selection. He has been outstanding and has earned the spot. He has a great game for Sevens. Watch his game against Gordon.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)

To me he doesn’t realize how huge he is, so holds back a bit on the physicality. But yeah, I totally agree that it’s rare for a 21 year old lock to be the finished package.