• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2025

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Signings and re-signings have started.

This is for confirmed contracts, as much as possible. Let me know if I missed any.

NSW Waratahs 2025

TBC – Head Coach
TBC – Assistant Coach (attack)
TBC – Assistant Coach (defence)
TBC – Assistant Coach

Hooker:
Dave Porecki - 2026

Prop:
Angus Bell - 2027
Hayden Thomson-Stringer - 2025
Archer Holz - ???

Lock:
Jed Holloway - 2025
Fergus Lee-Warner - 2025
Hugh Sinclair - ???

Backrow:
Langi Gleeson - 2025
Charlie Gamble - 2026

Scrumhalf:
*Jake Gordon - 2025

Flyhalf:

Centre:
Lalakai Foketi - 2025
Joseph Sua'ali'i - 2027

Wing:
Dylan Pietsch - 2025
Vuate Karawalevu - 2025

Fullback:
Max Jorgensen - 2026
Andrew Kellaway - 2027

Unsigned:
Mahe Vailanu - ???
Theo Fourie - 2024
Dan Botha - 2024
Tom Ross - 2024
Harry Johnson-Holmes - 2024
Tom Lambert - 2024
Miles Amatosero - 2024
Ned Slack-Smith - 2024
Mesu Kunavula - 2024
Jack Grant - 2024
Teddy Wilson - 2024
Jack Bowen - ???
Tane Edmed - 2024
Joey Walton - ???
Triston Reilly - 2024

Rumored Gone:
*Jake Gordon - Perpignan

CONFIRMED GONE:
Izaia Perese - Leicester
Lachie Swinton - Bordeaux
Mark Nawaqanitawase - Roosters
Harry Wilson - Dragons RFC
Mosese Tuipulotu - Edinburgh
Will Harrison - Japan
Ned Hanigan - France

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
All rugby reporting, Gordon, Hanigan, gone - https://all.rugby/transfers/logs/
I'd take the Jake Gordon one with a grain of salt at the moment - he's signed until 2025. Could be getting in that off season in France he missed last year with concussion issues.

Edit: Found the French article about this:

So it looks like Perpignan are trying to negotiate a release for him. Not sure if the tahs will be keen to let him go but RA should for their part, he never should've been on a top up for this contract.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
My lowly opinion.

Mahe Vailanu - ??? - Re sign
Theo Fourie - 2024
Dan Botha - 2024
Tom Ross - 2024
Harry Johnson-Holmes - 2024 - Re sign for the right price
Tom Lambert - 2024 - Re sign
Miles Amatosero - 2024 - Re sign
Ned Hanigan - 2024 - Re sign
Charlie Gamble - 2024 - Re sign
Ned Slack-Smith - 2024 (Want to know his situation. Concerning amount of time out following a concussion)
Mesu Kunavula - 2024
Jack Grant - 2024
Teddy Wilson - 2024 - Re sign
Jack Bowen - ??? - Re sign
Tane Edmed - 2024 - For the right price it's depth but I'd rather Bowen get a chance ahead of him to see what he can do.
Will Harrison - 2024 - Re sign
Joey Walton - ??? - Re sign
Triston Reilly - 2024 - Re sign

Heaven not listed but I'd Re sign him. He's put in good work and I'd feel good as a 3rd hooker in the squad.

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Bit light on the backrow with Swinton and Hanigan both leaving - will be very interesting to see who is the first choice 6 (Slack-Smith or Lee-Warner?)

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
There's a lot of players in the unsigned list that I don't think the Tahs will miss. I'd re-sign Harry Johnson-Holmes because it's nice to have an experienced front-rower who isn't constantly injured, though I'd like them to sign a player who would start, with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) on the bench.
I had high hopes for both Teddy Wilson and Will Harrison, but they've had so little game time that it's hard to tell.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
My lowly opinion.

Mahe Vailanu - ??? - Re sign
Theo Fourie - 2024
Dan Botha - 2024
Tom Ross - 2024
Harry Johnson-Holmes - 2024 - Re sign for the right price
Tom Lambert - 2024 - Re sign
Miles Amatosero - 2024 - Re sign
Ned Hanigan - 2024 - Re sign
Charlie Gamble - 2024 - Re sign
Ned Slack-Smith - 2024 (Want to know his situation. Concerning amount of time out following a concussion)
Mesu Kunavula - 2024
Jack Grant - 2024
Teddy Wilson - 2024 - Re sign
Jack Bowen - ??? - Re sign
Tane Edmed - 2024 - For the right price it's depth but I'd rather Bowen get a chance ahead of him to see what he can do.
Will Harrison - 2024 - Re sign
Joey Walton - ??? - Re sign
Triston Reilly - 2024 - Re sign

Heaven not listed but I'd Re sign him. He's put in good work and I'd feel good as a 3rd hooker in the squad.
good list but you missed the most important resigning of all ...

the cheik!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Took the list from Reg's initial thread starter so I can't take credit.

I think Cheik would be an initial sugar hit and may get them going to 5-8 on the table which is in the finals but in the realm or irrelevance considering the competition. If you are going to sit there on the table you need to be growing for the future and I'm not sure he's the guy for it.

He'll definitely be spoken of though.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Took the list from Reg's initial thread starter so I can't take credit.

I think Cheik would be an initial sugar hit and may get them going to 5-8 on the table which is in the finals but in the realm or irrelevance considering the competition. If you are going to sit there on the table you need to be growing for the future and I'm not sure he's the guy for it.

He'll definitely be spoken of though.
There's enough talent in this squad to go further than 5-8 on the table, and if anyone can get people playing to their potential, it's Cheika. But could he play nicely with the new bosses at RA?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They'd know early since they'd be part of the process now?

Tahs do need more than just a HC. It's the assistants and GM that need to be nailed. Bar the U19s losing the final every NSW 'pathway' side won everything in front of them. This has been the case for years now. The 19s got beaten by their former own due to excellent Brumby recruitment and coaching.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
In what way is our squad stronger than the Blues/ Canes/ Chiefs/ Brumbies/ Reds? I reckon mid table is about our ceiling.