• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies 28th June ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Anyone looking to get a good deal on tickets:
Promo code: FAMILY
Gets you $40 (half price) silver family tickets.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
If you take out the Crusaders, it's an equal amount of tries against top 6 teams. But if you include the Force, Chiefs & Bulls amongst the finals contenders, then the Brumbies are ahead

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
My team

1. Robinson
2. TPN (to be taken off if we're ahead at 30 mins)
3. Ryan
4. Douglas
5. Potgieter
6. Chapman
7. Hooper (same as TPN)
8. Dennis
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Alofa
12. Beale
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Horne
15. Folau
16. Latu
17. Tilse
18. Kepu
19. Skelton (to get at least 20 mins)
20. Hoiles/McCutcheon
21. Palu (same as Willy)
22. McKibbin
23. Crawford

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you take out the Crusaders, it's an equal amount of tries against top 6 teams. But if you include the Force, Chiefs & Bulls amongst the finals contenders, then the Brumbies are ahead

If you take out the Bulls who most people wouldn't consider as still being a finals contender it is 18 tries each from the same number of games.

I think there is absolutely nothing that can be read into this.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'd rather they run Skelton on and then give him a break in the back half, move Potgeiter from 6 to the row then and bring a loosey on..no issues with Palu having lots of bench time though.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
1. Sio
2. Holmes
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Power
6 .Futo
7. Bulter
8. Mowen
9. White
10. Lealiifano
11. Coleman
12. Smith
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Murphy
17. Smith
18. Smith
19. Smiler
20. Whetton
21. Dowsett
22. Rathbone
23. Cronje

At a guess

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Brumbies will still have a very strong team.

Hopefully more depth on the bench and home ground advantage will get the Tahs home.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Could possiably have McCaffrey on the bench for Smiler.

Alternatively, Start Cronje at 10 and Smith fails back to the bench.

Or completely left field, 10 Lealiifano, 11 Rathbone, 12 Coleman, 13. Kurindrani, 14. Speight, 15, Mogg.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
1. Sio
2. Holmes
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Power
6 .Futo
7. Bulter
8. Mowen
9. White
10. Lealiifano
11. Coleman
12. Smith
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Murphy
17. Smith
18. Smith
19. Smiler
20. Whetton
21. Dowsett
22. Rathbone
23. Cronje

At a guess

I like Murphy, but as prop not hooker. And I wouldn't like to see him throwing into the lineout after his effort at the 10s. Also, looked like Moggy might have picked up an injury at the 10s. Any news on this?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Brumbies will still have a very strong team.

Hopefully more depth on the bench and home ground advantage will get the Tahs home.

More interested to see if the Tahs can resume the "big angry" they showed against the Chiefs, if they do it will take a great Brumbies performance to beat them.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
If you take out the Bulls who most people wouldn't consider as still being a finals contender it is 18 tries each from the same number of games.

I think there is absolutely nothing that can be read into this.

Only that the Brumbies perhaps aren't as dour as some would paint them

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
My team

1. Robinson
2. TPN (to be taken off if we're ahead at 30 mins)
3. Ryan
4. Douglas
5. Potgieter
6. Chapman
7. Hooper (same as TPN)
8. Dennis
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Alofa
12. Beale
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Horne
15. Folau
16. Latu
17. Tilse
18. Kepu
19. Skelton (to get at least 20 mins)
20. Hoiles/McCutcheon
21. Palu (same as Willy)
22. McKibbin
23. Crawford

Why Chapman in front of Hoiles, who I think has been very good in his game time?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can't imagine Chapman will be rushed back into Super Rugby after missing the whole season.

I doubt we'll see him this year. Who knows though. If Cheika thinks he's good to go, he might want to give himself another lock/6 option for the finals.

I expect we'll see the same forward pack we've had all year if those players remain healthy. Continuity has been really important.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Has anyone heard any more about Carraro's mystery injury and Alofa's miraculous recovery? Or has Fox just got them mixed up?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Even under JakeBall as you call it, we still where never as dull and boring as the Tah's where before Chekia

dunno, winning more maybe makes you enjoy it more, but meh, saying it is better than the Tahs under Foley is like being happy that you only ended up with dog shit on one shoe instead of both.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Has anyone heard any more about Carraro's mystery injury and Alofa's miraculous recovery? Or has Fox just got them mixed up?

I commented in the 2014 thread, both finished the Shute Shield match on the weekend. Of course they could've played through injury or picked up through recovery but both were moving fine. Alofa's leg was heavily strapped however.

I would expect both to play. I'd still have Crawford ahead of both.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
The statistics don't lie, over recent years there is insufficient demand from the Sydney public to watch Rugby Union at ANZ Stadium compared to the SFS. Waratahs crowds are about the same or worse........

Stats
Average Crowd Figures for Waratahs Games
2011 @ SFS - 16,970
2011 @ ANZ - 31,061

2012 @ SFS - 18,596
2012 @ ANZ - 32,071

2013 @ SFS - 14,619
2013 @ ANZ - 23,927

Status
Not open for further replies.