• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, round 6, Sunday 22 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Well that's done and dusted. Bad calls from the Brums in not taking points and missing a bunch of tackles.

Waratahs had a fantastic first half thanks to the valuable 10pt+ contribution from arguably the man of the match and 24th player, Craig Joubert.

As a Wallaby supporter we can only fucking hope we don't have him in any WC games with the Home nations. We'll be well and truly fucked.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Waratahs again coming through on the side, in the maul this is out of control.

The best way to defend the Brumbies maul - just line up Joubs as ref.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Warratahs deserved winners today. Brumbies' game plan was wrong for this game. Same plan they use for lesser opposition where they can use their physicality to get go forward and score points. Tahs too strong at the breakdown for that plan to work.

I also like the long kicks down town that the Tahs use with plenty of defenders chasing though in a straight line. Makes a whole lot more territory than kicking for touch just to give the opposition the throw in. Although, one of Nic White's touch finders did gain around 40m, but generally if there is support behind the kicker, I'd rather see it not go out.

All that said, Joubert had a shocker with the 50/50 calls all going the home side way.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
This is obviously coming from an exuberant Tahs' fan but what a cracking game. When the Tahs opened up early and To'omua strolled through I thought here we go, despite all of the mid-week talk the Tahs haven't turned up. Yet that was the only try they conceded against an extremely willing Brumbies' outfit, albeit starved of possession for large parts.

Folau had an absolute blinder causing havoc out wide; some of his touches were absolutely sublime. One of the best games I've seen him play. For all of his undoubted athleticism in this match he looked more like a rugby player (perhaps more than any other) rather than a talented code hopper.

Scrum resets were the only blight (but that's for another thread). Very impressed with the Tahs' handling (a big improvement) often times in heavy traffic with the exception of Jacpot (who redeemed himself with some very telling defensive work).

Well done to both teams-afternoon footy was also the winner with so many kids adding to the atmosphere. The return bout in Canberra will be eagerly awaited & hopefully both these sides feature heavily come the finals.

Also great to see Poey finish the game injury free (but not claret free!)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats to the Tahs

Only one bloke worse than the Ref was Kuirindrani . He was terrible. He would have trouble, the way he played today, of making the Reds back line.
Folau really showed what a great footballer he can be - awesome

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Scrubber2050 said:
Congrats to the Tahs

Only one bloke worse than the Ref was Kuirindrani . He was terrible. He would have trouble, the way he played today, of making the Reds back line.
Folau really showed what a great footballer he can be - awesome
That's a big call, you wish you had TK

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.