• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yeah we bottled the fuck out of 12 wins, most of them pretty comprehensive. Best attack, best defence, best points difference ever. Record points scoring, try scoring, best finish in Super Rugby ever.

Fuck we're ordinary.
Yep when was your last finals game :)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I'm so excited .. one crack from either team it could cost you the game..

I would love Bernie to pull a swifty and start McCabe at 12 it would be just the card to pull.

Pfitzy no need to get upset .. you had good year.. but don't stress your player can join the Wallabies camp a week early :) maybe that week Beale can convine Link to start ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
2011 we lost the Qualifying Final against the Blues in Auckland.

2008 we won our home semi to make the final.

For a team that hadn't made the finals for a while before last year you sure talk a big game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Well we were fucking good enough that we didn't have to play last week. What's your excuse? Besides losing to the Cheetahs and Reds...

But doesn't everyone in the Brumbies camp like to wank and drone and blare on about this? Like suddenly losing a Grand Final in the last 20 minutes gives you a bigger dick or something.

Its 80 minutes and 15 blokes each side on a field the same size its always been. A stack of players on each side are Wallabies and have experienced this sort of thing before.

It won't be the finals experience of the Brumbies players that will improve their last effort in Sydney; it will be the fact that they've got some of their regulars back.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Every year we hear about the Magic Tahs.. but push to shove they bottle it. Tomorrows game on, were back to strength, so Brumbies by 10..

You mean like a couple years back when the Brumbies recruited pretty well the entire Wallabies squad, earning the nick name the Aussie "Real Madrid", and they did... nothing?

As for the Tahs, well, they've made two finals in two seasons where they were out and out the best Aussie team by miles but ultimately played an All Blacks laden Crusaders at home in Christchurch. Now, unless you're working off the assumption that in the years of 2005 and 2008 Australia had such superior player depth to New Zealand that even a Waratahs with some Wallabies should have been expected to beat the most dominant side in Super Rugby history, made up of players who fill out the most dominant national side in international Rugby, then it's not really "choking".

But look, at the end of the day whilst I expect the Waratahs to come out winners in a close one tomorrow, even if they don't it's been a brilliant season and the Brumbies still have to return home to live in Canberra :p .

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
2011 we lost the Qualifying Final against the Blues in Auckland.

2008 we won our home semi to make the final.

For a team that hadn't made the finals for a while before last year you sure talk a big game.

When was your last finals win ? You talk a lot for a team who hasn't won anything.. :)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Well we were fucking good enough that we didn't have to play last week. What's your excuse? Besides losing to the Cheetahs and Reds.

But doesn't everyone in the Brumbies camp like to wank and drone and blare on about this? Like suddenly losing a Grand Final in the last 20 minutes gives you a bigger dick or something.

Its 80 minutes and 15 blokes each side on a field the same size its always been. A stack of players on each side are Wallabies and have experienced this sort of thing before.

It won't be the finals experience of the Brumbies players that will improve their last effort in Sydney; it will be the fact that they've got some of their regulars back.
Im stiring you guys are favorites , but by fuck its going to be a cracker

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy no need to get upset .. you had good year.. but don't stress your player can join the Wallabies camp a week early :) maybe that week Beale can convine Link to start ;)

Don't you just love being in a win-win situation?

You lose the game - you just say "oh well the Tahs were at home and they finished first and we made a great run, well done boys".

You win the game - Brumbies fans and basically everyone that doesn't support the Tahs (Reds fans will be at the head of the queue) get to spray us with "chokers!" tag for another year. Because they'll join in, don't worry, even if you win on a last-second penalty that Peyper tosses a coin on.

No fucking chance of any such cretins supporting us in the final, should we be good enough to get there.

If the Brumbies win I'll be gung-ho for them to get the title no matter where its played, because they'll have deserved their chance.

Because I'm actually an Australian rugby supporter, I'll back any of our teams against anyone overseas.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You mean like a couple years back when the Brumbies recruited pretty well the entire Wallabies squad, earning the nick name the Aussie "Real Madrid", and they did. nothing?

As for the Tahs, well, they've made two finals in two seasons where they were out and out the best Aussie team by miles but ultimately played an All Blacks laden Crusaders at home in Christchurch. Now, unless you're working off the assumption that in the years of 2005 and 2008 Australia had such superior player depth to New Zealand that even a Waratahs with some Wallabies should have been expected to beat the most dominant side in Super Rugby history, made up of players who fill out the most dominant national side in international Rugby, then it's not really "choking".

But look, at the end of the day whilst I expect the Waratahs to come out winners in a close one tomorrow, even if they don't it's been a brilliant season and the Brumbies still have to return home to live in Canberra :p .
So the year before 2004 when we won the comp the Crusaders weren't as good ? We did the Tahs a good deal took Modem and gave you Rocky.. :)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Don't you just love being in a win-win situation?

You lose the game - you just say "oh well the Tahs were at home and they finished first and we made a great run, well done boys".

You win the game - Brumbies fans and basically everyone that doesn't support the Tahs (Reds fans will be at the head of the queue) get to spray us with "chokers!" tag for another year. Because they'll join in, don't worry, even if you win on a last-second penalty that Peyper tosses a coin on.

No fucking chance of any such cretins supporting us in the final, should we be good enough to get there.

If the Brumbies win I'll be gung-ho for them to get the title no matter where its played, because they'll have deserved their chance.

Because I'm actually an Australian rugby supporter, I'll back any of our teams against anyone overseas.
Ill go for the Tahs for sure if they get through.. I actually asked on here why am I cheering for the Tahs in SA when it be better for the Brumbies if they lose.. I said fuck the Saffas and if we have to beat the Tahs in the finals we will.. I'm Australian first we ain't all haters

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
So the year before 2004 when we won the comp the Crusaders weren't as good ? We did the Tahs a good deal took Modem and gave you Rocky.. :)

They weren't - played poorly away all season in '04. We beat them at home that year and you lot got to play them in Australia's most life sapping "city" - they were always gonna do it tough ;-) .

In 2005 they were tougher and finished on top.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
They weren't - played poorly away all season in '04. We beat them at home that year and you lot got to play them in Australia's most life sapping "city" - they were always gonna do it tough.
Lol Life sapping city with the best rugby team

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)

Just because I'll call you chokers if you lose, doesn't mean I won't support you if you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.