• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
And finally, if the Wallabies win the next WC. That would be the last impetus needed to regain territory that rugby lost in Australia. This will make the NRC more competitive and profitable. And that would make biggest crowd at rugby games and the ARU would be stronger each day with more money and more supporters.
;)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I think like you. If the Tahs can become the new super rugby champion would be a big boost for rugby in Australia. First, because Sydney is the largest city and second a full ANZ stadium in the final match would be great publicity for our sport in Australia, many children will be interested in playing Rugby Union.

I agree that a Tahs win would be good for the game. However, I doubt that a home final would sell out ANZ. Secondly, the game will not get as much publicity, or coverage, as it should because it is not on FTA.

The ARU should be talking to Fox Sports right now, and asking them how much they want to share the rights with TEN.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
a full ANZ stadium in the final match would be great publicity for our sport in Australia, many children will be interested in playing Rugby Union.

It won't get close to full if that is where the final is hosted.

Even the bandwagoneers haven't managed to squeeze the number up past 35k this week according to estimates. Sad, really.

I blame the brilliant ski season and the sheer apathy of the supposed rugby-loving public who haven't yet woken up to the fact that this is the best the Tahs have ever been, and should have cleared their calendar a month ago.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm a temporary brumbies supporter this week.

Although I just hope the match is worthy of the occasion.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I agree that a Tahs win would be good for the game. However, I doubt that a home final would sell out ANZ. Secondly, the game will not get as much publicity, or coverage, as it should because it is not on FTA.

The ARU should be talking to Fox Sports right now, and asking them how much they want to share the rights with TEN.

Well, I'm not sure about a home final would sell out ANZ, but it would be a big boost for our sport in Australia, at least it would be a full Allianz stadium twice.

It won't get close to full if that is where the final is hosted.

Even the bandwagoneers haven't managed to squeeze the number up past 35k this week according to estimates. Sad, really.

I blame the brilliant ski season and the sheer apathy of the supposed rugby-loving public who haven't yet woken up to the fact that this is the best the Tahs have ever been, and should have cleared their calendar a month ago.

Very sad, I still have the hope of seeing a full Allianz stadium next week. Hope is the last thing you lose.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I know who i don't want the ref to be, but i suspect the ref will be exactly him.
This is the year of the Tahs.

Steve Walsh?

Surely he's the odds on favourite to referee Crusaders vs Sharks. If it isn't him then they'd presumably pick Rohan Hoffman. I think they'll go with Walsh.

Tahs vs Brumbies will get one of Peyper, Jackson, Pollock or Joubert in my opinion.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Steve Walsh?

Surely he's the odds on favourite to referee Crusaders vs Sharks. If it isn't him then they'd presumably pick Rohan Hoffman. I think they'll go with Walsh.

Tahs vs Brumbies will get one of Peyper, Jackson, Pollock or Joubert in my opinion.

I'm expecting Walsh to get the Cru/Shorks and Peyper to have the Tahs/Brumbies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jaco Peyper will be the ref, surprisingly Jackson is refereeing Crusaders vs Sharks and no Steve for the weekend.

I reckon Steve will do the final.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon Steve will do the final.

I'm not sure if SANZAR would allow Walsh to ref a final with an Australian team?

Edit: Although, if they're going to allow Jackson to ref the 'Saders semi............

Could be a lot of angry conspiracy nutter Saffas after that one..........

Status
Not open for further replies.