• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v force MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I'll kick off then

Tahs
3: Mitchell
2: burgess
1: Beale

Honorable to the forwards, who fronted up for a change. Even captain marshmallow

Force
3: JOC (James O'Connor) - needs to play at 10
2: sharpe
1: McCalman - despite losing the 8 battle to palu

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Very tough to pick the Tahs, likewise I won't be giving any to the forwards yet they all deserve points.

3. Burgess
2. Beale
1. Mitchell

3. Sheehan
2. JOC (James O'Connor)
1. McCalman

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Tahs
3: Burgess
2: Mitchell
1: McCutcheon

3. Sheehan
2. JOC (James O'Connor)
1. McCalman

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Force
3 JOC (James O'Connor)
2 McCalman
1 Honey Badger

Tahs
3 Schmooo
2 Burgess
1 Dennis - a really good cameo I thought

Forwards good with not so many standouts, worked as a pack well. TPN and Palu looked good enough, and got through a lot of game time. Beale could have points too.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs:-

3. Kepu
2. Douglas
1. Mitchell

This game was won up front. Honourable mentions to TPN, Palu, Robo, Mowen & Mumm for the pigs and Cross Burgess for the backs. Denis top notch sub. effort Mowen better stay on top of his game.

Force:-
3. McCalman
2. Brown
1. Sheehan

JOC (James O'Connor) is not a 15 or a wing. Play him at 10 or 12.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mighty Tahs:
3. Burgess - Genia needs to make the XV to be captain
2. Mitchell - Watch a replay of his 2nd try, TC gets kicked in the face
1. Fat Cat - Was everywhere and not down on one knee every two seconds like Taf

Force:
3. Sheehan
2. JOC (James O'Connor) - played well, even in his school shoes
1. Cummins

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. Schmoo
2. Beale
1. Burgess

3. Sheehan (despite being palmed off by Burgo leading up to Schmoo's first try)
2. Brown
1. JOC (James O'Connor)

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Tahs
3. Drew "what a hero" Mitchell
2. Burgess
1. Dennis

Force
3. JOC (James O'Connor)
2. McCalman
1. Sheean

Cyril Towers (30)
At the ground so may be a little skewed
Tahs
3.McCutcheon - blinder, at least 4 steals
2. Mitchell
1. Kepu. Played as a prop and a no 8

Force
3. J O'C
2. McCalman
1. Sharpe

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Tahs
3. Burgess
2. McCutcheon
1. Mitchell

Force
3. JOC (James O'Connor)
2. Sheehan
1. Brown

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting to see people's evaluation of the two 7s. Pat McCutcheon has been mentioned 4 times so far - although Lincoln confused him with older brother Lachlan - while Jono Jenkins hasn't got a guernsey.

According to Foxsports Fantasy Pat played for 72 minutes for 9 runs, 2 offloads, 11 tackles and 2 pilfers.

Jono played for 59 minutes for 1 run, 30 tackles and a forced turnover.

Two things stand out. 30 tackles at a rate better than one every two minutes is extraordinary. And when a side is so clearly dominant there are plenty of opportunities for runs and offloads but less need to make tackles. The converse of course applies for the side being dominated.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Tahs
3- McCutcheon
2- Mitchell
1- Kepu

Force
3- Sheehan
2- JOC (James O'Connor)
1- McCalman

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting to see people's evaluation of the two 7s. Pat McCutcheon has been mentioned 4 times so far - although Lincoln confused him with older brother Lachlan - while Jono Jenkins hasn't got a guernsey.

According to Foxsports Fantasy Pat played for 72 minutes for 9 runs, 2 offloads, 11 tackles and 2 pilfers.

Jono played for 59 minutes for 1 run, 30 tackles and a forced turnover.

Two things stand out. 30 tackles at a rate better than one every two minutes is extraordinary. And when a side is so clearly dominant there are plenty of opportunities for runs and offloads but less need to make tackles. The converse of course applies for the side being dominated.

Bruce, 30 tackles in absolutely incredible, I noted that in the fantasy stats thread. But that's all he did. Generally it won't get noticed by spectators who made a tackle if it wasn't a dominant one. I certainty didn't notice how many tackles Jono did during the game, don't even remember seeing him much - which is a good thing.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Bruce, 30 tackles in absolutely incredible, I noted that in the fantasy stats thread. But that's all he did. Generally it won't get noticed by spectators who made a tackle if it wasn't a dominant one. I certainty didn't notice how many tackles Jono did during the game, don't even remember seeing him much - which is a good thing.

I agree. Most spectators would say he 'went missing', like Palu 'goes missing'.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Tahs
3 - Mitchell
2 - Burgess
1 - Palu

Force
3 - Jenkins (coz of what Bruce said)
2 - JO'C
1 - Honey Badger? (I'm struggling)

Status