• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Force, round 1, Sunday 15 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
As always with these "to kick or not to kick" discussions the salient point is the quality (or lack of) the kick. There was no shortage of kicking by the Tahs last Sunday. Regrettably it was mainly ill directed. Putting aside the dire kicking in the 1st half, in the 2nd stanza I recall Foley's chip kick down the blind side that almost came off, Folau's hoof down field straight into the arms of a Force player and Beale's desperate late chip that led to van Wyk's try.

There's clearly a place for kicking even with the emphasis remaining on the ball in hand game but the kicking must be more judicious.

Often the logic goes "look at what happened when they kicked, obviously kicking is shit". I mean, you could apply the same to ball-in-hand. They couldn't catch a fucking cold on Sunday, and using the logic often applied to kicking I could conclude that they should play without the ball as they aren't able to hang onto it anyway.

They need some balance. Beale's recent tweets on kicking are more worrying to me than his shitty execution or brainless play as I've become accustomed to that.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
The only booing I remember was when the Force scored the try where from a kick in open play. I thought it was people booing Walsh because he didn't check to see if the chaser was behind the ball. I don't remember hearing any directed at the Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The only booing I remember was when the Force scored the try where from a kick in open play. I thought it was people booing Walsh because he didn't check to see if the chaser was behind the ball. I don't remember hearing any directed at the Tahs.

Yes, the booing started when he awarded the try straight away and then the replay showed Morahan in front of the kicker.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Code:
Oh well, if the enForcers have made the effort to fly over and start proceedings at The Clock the least we can do is humour them before we wallop them. :cool: I'm for The Clock.

Hoist with my own petard! Well played Force, a deserved victory.

Had a good chat with the Force followers at The Clock pre-match, their commitment to following the Force is to be admired. Some of them are making a mini-tour of the trip and staying for the Reds match in Brisbane this weekend, I'm impressed. They were telling me although the rugby community's quite small in Perth they're incredibly loyal and committed. Introduced them to the joys of G&GR, we might get a few followers joining up from Perth.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
good to see you caught up with them--I would have been over with them,but have to save my moolah for a trip to Europe in June

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I haven't been game to watch the full replay yet to find out. ;)

I was being silly. It's never offside when its your team scoring the try. To be honest though, I'd be pissed off if the shoe were on the other foot. I guess in the end at least it didn't make a massive difference to the final score line.

Status
Not open for further replies.