• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Force - Superugby Rd 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Way to earlie to look at the aus backs yet but I would say without including injured players

9 :genia
10 : JOC (James O'Connor)
11 : digby
12 : Barnes
13 : Ben T
14 : AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 : beal

Edit : agreed with keyboard. Lol qwerty

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And if it was selected tomorrow you don't pick people on a couple of weeks form. You'd pick proven performers. The best backline atm is still Genia JOC (James O'Connor) Ioane Barnes/Tapuai/Horne AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Beale

Horne was named to be at 13 vs Wales but was injured during the week

To be fair, Horne is hardly a proven performer at test level...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
True but Robbie clearly sees something in him, he was rushed into the side and is the incumbent 13.

W

Waylon

I welcomed the appointment of Deans when he was first selected a few years back. I held great hope

I do like his philosophies on attacking rugby and counter attack. I do like some of the players he has developed and applaud him for brooming some outdated under achievers (Cost-a-Lote et al)

I was shattered by his backflip from attacking rugby with the selection of Mccabe for a more direct game. If Barnes had played 12 at RWC and we had played he same style in NZ as the tri nations, I think we could have gone all the way. It's all theoretical now. Deans has proven far too often that "rugby intelligence" may not be what we thought it was when his Crusaders were winning everything

I've never really understood his thing for Horne. The bloke disappoints frequently

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yeah got to say I don't understand the Horne hype, hasn't stood at this season and hasn't done anything due to injuries over the past 2 seasons, yet he is still considered the first choice Wallaby 13.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
at any level

IS, you've made your point. In fact about 7 times now. So whenever someone brings up Horne, there is no need to repeatedly chip in with pointless comments. We will just assume from now on that you are anti-Horne (which is fine), and we will apply that knowledge whenever he is raised.

C

Cave Dweller

The Tah's lost 3 games but it could have gone the other way as all of them ended in a coin toss basically. They just need to learn how to close a game out and play till the final whistle.

P

Paradox

IS, you've made your point. In fact about 7 times now. So whenever someone brings up Horne, there is no need to repeatedly chip in with pointless comments. We will just assume from now on that you are anti-Horne (which is fine), and we will apply that knowledge whenever he is raised.

It's a valid point regardless of whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
It wasn't a great match, and the amount of ball kicking (mostly not very accurate) by the Tahs was frustrating. Barnes was good, he seemed to put in 110% when he was in anything.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
And a significant improvement on how they played the Tahs in Sydney in 2011...
was it, or was it better execution? I was at both games and they seemed very similar in style and execution from theforce, just that this time our lucky try wasn't enough.

Caveat: have not yet rewatched last nights game

N

Newter

I'm not trying to insult the Tahs, just trying to figure out why they tend to have solid, unspectacular ( ... mediocre? ... ) results every year. If you can show me my assumption is wrong, fair enough, otherwise we have to figure out what's going on. You mention the Blues - they have the 2nd best record in the S12/14/15 after the Crusaders. Bad example, bro. But if I were a Blues fan today I'd be asking the same question as me - why are you underperforming with your playing roster?

Well if your question is why the Tahs haven't won a title yet, I can only say they got very close in 2008 and were badly derailed by injury in spite of terrific end of season form in 2011. So maybe the answer is bad luck, or bad injury management.

But if you're still happy to call them "mediocre" I can only shake my head. Especially re this Blues example. The Tahs have a much better record than the Blues in recent history. Definitely since the Blues won their last title. And when was that, back in about 2003? That was nine years ago, hombre! The Blues have made the semis only twice since then. The Tahs have been to two grand finals and another three semi finals. As I say, I think just about every team in the comp would like that level of achievement.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Bugger, had a party to go to last night and the IQ let me down, so I missed the game.

But from the comments on here, the Force playing group put in an 80 minute effort, and that is all you can ask for.

Force the only aussie team to have a win in Rnd 4. Bet no one tipped that?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well if your question is why the Tahs haven't won a title yet, I can only say they got very close in 2008 and were badly derailed by injury in spite of terrific end of season form in 2011. So maybe the answer is bad luck, or bad injury management.

But if you're still happy to call them "mediocre" I can only shake my head. Especially re this Blues example. The Tahs have a much better record than the Blues in recent history. Definitely since the Blues won their last title. And when was that, back in about 2003? That was nine years ago, hombre! The Blues have made the semis only twice since then. The Tahs have been to two grand finals and another three semi finals. As I say, I think just about every team in the comp would like that level of achievement.
I'm happy to call it mediocre. The playing structure was timid.Play a safe boring game and try nothing because that is safer than trying a few things.
It's good enough to beat the weaker sides, and good enough to be competitive against the better sides, sometimes even good enough to sneak into a semi.
You will never win a GF like that.We had arguably the best back 3 in the comp, and they usually got the ball from the opposition rather than their team mates.Sorry but I think that's fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.