• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rnd 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Against all reasonableness, I'm excited about this weekend.

I don't think we have a snowflake's hope in hell, and I'm going out so won't watch the match, but still....SUPER RUGBY!!!

Reds team named Thursday

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
No doubt in my mind who will win this. Money in the bank!

Is Sully being realistic or wildly optimistic? You'd think after two games in NZ, where the Tahs defence resembled Swiss cheese, that realistically Kerevi was a walkover for at least three tries and this would be enough with the Reds set-piece to take the chocolates. Or is he optimistically banking on the Waratahs to fix all their problems and eliminate the rust in a couple of days?

This game is a banana skin game for the Reds. They've got by far the better set-piece and the potential in the 12/13/14 channel to run riot but if they get complacent they could easily find themselves gifting the Tahs a losing bonus point.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Do the 12/13/14 know each others names?

I doubt that Horwitz, Horne and Robinson have played more than 10 minutes as a combination and yet that to me is the most likely run-on combination. Doesn't fill me with a whole lot of confidence.

T

TOCC

RG hoping the Brisbane City connection will boost the Reds with 9 or 10 players from the GF likely to start in Rd 1:

Brisbane City team likely to start in Rd1:

2. Andrew Ready – Reds/Easts
3. Sam Talakai – Reds/GPS
5. Cadeyrn Neville – Reds/Manly
7. Liam Gill – Reds/Sunnybank
9. Nick Frisby – Reds/GPS
10. Jake McIntyre – Reds/Sunnybank
12. Henry Taefu – Sunnybank
13. Samu Kerevi – Reds/GPS
14. Chris Kuridrani - Reds / GPS
15. Karmichael Hunt – Reds/Brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Alas thev
Battle for underdog status is heating up. Groundhog Day.

Fuck that, this is the festival of hate, we are coming to Sydney to put the Tahs season in a body bag, and unlike Johnny, we will succeed!

Remember at the end of Karate Kid when Miyagi squeezed the nose of the Cobra Kai sensei. I see Woody squeezing Gibsons nose. This is not a metaphor symbolising the triumph of Woody as a patient and caring father figure encouraging self belief in his charges to beat the Tahs and their morally bereft, vicious and ultimately cowardly culture. I actually see Woody walking up to Gibson and squeezing his nose.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Do we still have the self belief to have a entire festival of hate. Surely RG has beaten us down to an morning tea of hate? A cucumber sandwich with the crust cut off of hate. Or an ad break of hate before the real festival begins?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Alas thev

Fuck that, this is the festival of hate, we are coming to Sydney to put the Tahs season in a body bag, and unlike Johnny, we will succeed!

Remember at the end of Karate Kid when Miyagi squeezed the nose of the Cobra Kai sensei. I see Woody squeezing Gibsons nose. This is not a metaphor symbolising the triumph of Woody as a patient and caring father figure encouraging self belief in his charges to beat the Tahs and their morally bereft, vicious and ultimately cowardly culture. I actually see Woody walking up to Gibson and squeezing his nose.
I'm not sure Woody could squeeze off a turd without getting it wrong! ;)
Not exactly Festival of Hate stuff, more Festivus and letting people know how they really disappointed me this year!

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just sticking with the Karate Kid theme, in each movie they introduce a technique, difficult to master, impossible to defend against, that wins the day; the crane technique, the drum, you get the picture.

I wonder which technique will destroy the Tahs?; the give it to the big kid? the one out forward runners? the attacking our way backwards to our own tryline? the chip kick to ourselves? Nay, it needs to be something,
new, something difficult to master, how about the waving our arms and clucking like chickens.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just sticking with the Karate Kid theme, in each movie they introduce a technique, difficult to master, impossible to defend against, that wins the day; the crane technique, the drum, you get the picture.

I wonder which technique will destroy the Tahs?; the give it to the big kid? the one out forward runners? the attacking our way backwards to our own tryline? the chip kick to ourselves? Nay, it needs to be something,
new, something difficult to master, how about the waving our arms and clucking like chickens.
Or this?
200.gif

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Set piece for Reds maybe strong but we have leaked to many points in defence in trials. Do we have the depth to provide 80 minutes of resistance. I think blood bath in the second half could be coming Reds way.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Do we still have the self belief to have a entire festival of hate. Surely RG has beaten us down to an morning tea of hate? A cucumber sandwich with the crust cut off of hate. Or an ad break of hate before the real festival begins?

It is the Festival of Pity.

A real lose-lose situation:
From a NSW supporter view
If the Tahs don't win by plenty then that will be seen as a poor performance by our mob.
If the Reds win, that will be seen as a dismal performance by our mob.

From a Reds supporter view
If the Reds lose, or lose by plenty then it is just groundhog day and it is just another nail in RGs coffin.
If the Reds win, then it means that there is a possibility that RG may survive the season as HC.

ATM many of the ardent Tahs supporters feel sorry for what the Reds supporters are going through.
Been There Done That and we didn't like it. We feel sorry for you.

It doesn't feel right to have some sympathy for the Red Peril from the North, and it is not good for the Wallabies to have so many talented players not performing to that full potential.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Tahs have played three good trials, against three of the top sides and they looked good on attack in all of them.

But their defence has been average, Grey needs to extract a digit and get some angry and effort into their work.

I expect the Tahs to score a load of points, but make a load of errors

Status
Not open for further replies.