• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Brumbies RD 14 Saturday 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
neither team has really hit their stride. i feel the brumbies are executing their game plan better & that is the difference so far

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fainga'a has been playing well enough recently to sit on the bench. Fainga'a has been playing well enough to keep Hanson on the bench, although Hanson probably adds more than Fainga'a late in a game. Moore will probably play 80 anyway.

something

Jim Clark (26)
I agree Qwerty. It scares me though that Deans may go with Fainga'a instead.

I wouldn't be too adverse to Fainga'a. I'd personally prefer Hanson as the back up, but he plays a pretty similar game to Moore whereas Fainga'a would be more of an off the bench impact player.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What about the battle of the sevens? Smith has had more impact, but given away far too many penalties.

Battle of the fullbacks? Mogg a bit ahead, with a great linebreak and some good kicks.

Dennis vs Mowen? Mowen again, for mine.

Tahs are probably being outplayed in most positions in that first half, apart from Horne, who has been electric.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I agree Qwerty. It scares me though that Deans may go with Fainga'a instead.
Couldn't possibly - much as I love his enthusiasm he is a penalty magnet and will get rag dolled against the more physical NH players.......not to mention what will happen to the scrum. Whatever other criticisms you can level at TPN he is a powerful nugget in the front row who makes life for his props easier rather than harder - and we will need that......

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Barnes lining up a penalty about 45 out, out to the right.

Hits the post, picked up by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Brumbies disrupt their ruck.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fainga'a is fine starting at S15 level but I think Hansens game is more suited to Test footy than Fainga'a's.
The other battles are great but.
Smith > Hooper
Horne > Lealiifano (surprisingly)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brumbies scrum looks on top, driving back the Tahs scrum a metre or two.

Tahs win a lineout at the front.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Barnes wide to Hooper, and Hooper gets over in the corner. Nice play, Brumbies line too compressed, and the lock on the Brumbies wing went in when he should have stayed out.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Good try Tahs! Nice ball from Berrick puts Hooper over in the corner with Smith unable to catch him for the cover tackle.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Barnes kicks it from 5m from touch, 13 all. Very quick turn around.

Brumbies switched off a bit, Tahs very improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.