• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Brumbies RD 14 Saturday 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Great try Betham!! Brumbies defence absent! Kafe might've been right saying the Brumbies were trying to shut the game down too early.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nope; it's been given. Weak defence from the Brumbies, strong run and fend from Betham. Coleman and Prior (on for White) were the main culprits.

Brumbies paying for playing too conservatively too early.

Barnes kicks it off the uprights, and Tahman is fired up!

28 - 22, 5 to go. Moore off.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Barnes' cutout passes just put the nail in the coffin of any chance Quade had of being in the 30 man squad.

It was Foley, not Barnes. Barnes can't throw wide balls that quick through the air.

Knock on from Barnes off the kick off.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
What a difference from 2012 for the Tahs. Balls passed in front of the man by Lucas, Barnes & Foley, in particular. But, even more importantly, there's runners & more runners, choosing good lines.

Cheika take a bow.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brumbies with the ball, 30 out and they get a penalty. 3m to go, so no time to kick for goal from touch. To'omua kicks to the corner, and Brumbies lineout 10m out.

Lineout with 1.5 minutes to go. Brumbies win and maul, straight through the Tahs, woeful defence from the Tahs. Maul goes down 1m from the Tahs line. Walsh gives the scrum to the Tahs, lucky. I thought that maybe the Tahs dragged it down.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
bastian-falcor-whoop-490.gif

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Last scrum of the game.

Tahs scrum holds, and they kick to touch. Tahs win!

28 - 22.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
What a difference from 2012 for the Tahs. Balls passed in front of the man by Lucas, Barnes & Foley, in particular. But, even more importantly, there's runners & more runners, choosing good lines.

Cheika take a bow.

Indeed, especially about Cheika.

Well done Tahs, playing better than I've seen them play in a long time.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It was Foley, not Barnes. Barnes can't throw wide balls that quick through the air.

Knock on from Barnes off the kick off.
No, quite certain it was Barnes. He's thrown a couple in the time he's been on.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Got to say I'm a little more sympathetic to those Reds fans who were complaining about the cynical Brumbies after the Suncorp game. Brumbies can't win the title, don't offer enough, far too cynical and defensive in their play.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fantastic game from Barnes, his rubbish short aimless kicks were gone, and he through some nice passes and created his own try.

Horne and Barnes played their way into the Wallaby squad, although I would maybe wait a week for Barnes to get another match under his belt. Strong showing from Barnes at 12.

Lots of injury worries though. Horne, George Smith, Lealiifano, McCabe (not that he should be selected anyway), TPN, Douglas with a head knock.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Bethams try? that cut out ball was from Foley.

I know its been said a million times over but Lucas over Mckibbon, The team always looks so much more attacking when he is on

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No, quite certain it was Barnes. He's thrown a couple in the time he's been on.

I am 100% certain it was Foley, rewatch the try. Barnes has headgear, and was caught up in the previous ruck. Wait for the after match discussion; it will be shown.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
What a boring game of rugby.

In the Blues v Crusaders game the first penalty was at the 10 min mark. By the same point in this game there was a least 5-6. I don't turn on rugby to watch a penalty rest. It's boring. Steve Walsh should never ever ref at this level. The game had no flow. The breakdown was a dead zone. Boring and lame compared to the NZ game. All his fault.

Brumbies deserved to lose. Played a crap game in the second half. To'omua needs to control the tempo and not just kick all the time. Doubt the Brumbies will make the finals. Lost it.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Close game. As a Brumbies supporter I've got no issue with the end result, but Walsh did his best to turn that into a terrible game, for both sides. He really needs to learn to let the game flow more, ie: ordering another lineout for Mowen closing the gap after the Waratahs have already won it.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Agreed on Barnes. He played an immense game. Really good tactical kicking. Best i've seen him play this season (har har har)

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Steve Walsh wouldn't allow any competition at the breakdown. Looked like touch football.

Status
Not open for further replies.