• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Chiefs. Fri April 22, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I'm watching the replay. You lose your best front row at 2 minutes against a Kiwi side. This is:

mirn_t.jpg

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Update: Months waiting to watch Trans-Tasman games and you got 2 cards in the first 15 minutes lol

Some learnings about the game:

Congrats Jake Gordon! You are the new Wallabies captain and the highest paid rugby player in Straya. 2 tries in the underdog side against to the mighty Chiefs

Congrats James Slipper you are the starter loosehead prop against Pommies in the June's series

James Roberts: Thank u for your contribution to NSW Rugby, you are the oldest player in the team with 300 international caps. It supposed that you have to be the leader for young players. Instead you made a silly mistake. I prefer to pick a young Shute Shield centre before you

To be honest. It was a good contest for Tahs in the last 20 minutes of the first half and the first 20 minutes of the second half. With a normal start it would have been a close game but you played your worst start of the season. The good thing is that the team can compete against Chiefs, Canes and Landers. Blues and Saders are in their own league

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
First point of contact with the ground was Cane's head. That's Red all day every day.
Yep , if I seen a broken neck waiting to happen,that is the type of thing that will do it. In saying that I don't think Bell in anyway did it on purpose, but as we seen with clean outs etc that are too high, it's a red day.
I thought Roberts was a penalty, but not sure it a YC.
All in all I thought it perhaps showed a bit that it was Tahs first game against Kiwi team, and why the idea of playing all derbies first is a problem (I know why it was done etc), just doesn't help,different pace and style of play.
I hope Harrison's knee isn't as bad as it looked. Really bent really bad.

Reactions: TSR

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I find the Robert’s yellow card a bit of a joke.

I understand they’re punishing cynical play, but it’s a bit bloody hypocritical to give a yellow card for that, and then let equally cynical actions at the ruck play on.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Tahs tahs tahs. What was going on ? When they needed to get izzy into the game they looked like they tried to throw away the game.
Interesting to see Gordan have such a great game for a guy that I don't rate. He had a blinder. Also gamble. Wow. Wallabies
Maybe you will have to ‘rerate’ him?
He is in the Nick Farr-Jones style ...

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I'm watching the replay. You lose your best front row at 2 minutes against a Kiwi side. This is:

View attachment 13325
Not to mention both your hookers (losing lineouts were a big factor in the last 20 minutes), your starting fullback & getting two guys sent/binned. A couple of key players didn’t step up - Roberts the main one but I thought Perese was poor in defence too. Gordon, Gamble & Holloway were great though.

Unfortunately it will just go down as a loss and if the Tahs can’t win a few in the next few weeks it’ll just be another loss, but gee I thought there were some positives in that for the Tahs.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
T
Not to mention both your hookers (losing lineouts were a big factor in the last 20 minutes), your starting fullback & getting two guys sent/binned. A couple of key players didn’t step up - Roberts the main one but I thought Perese was poor in defence too. Gordon, Gamble & Holloway were g
That's right but when I wrote that, it was only 2 minutes of the replay lol

Reactions: TSR

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Not to mention both your hookers (losing lineouts were a big factor in the last 20 minutes), your starting fullback & getting two guys sent/binned. A couple of key players didn’t step up - Roberts the main one but I thought Perese was poor in defence too. Gordon, Gamble & Holloway were great though.

Unfortunately it will just go down as a loss and if the Tahs can’t win a few in the next few weeks it’ll just be another loss, but gee I thought there were some positives in that for the Tahs.

There actually a number of positives. The score line didn't truly reflect the game. If we had a full compliment on for even 65-70 minutes that would have come down to the last couple of minutes.

It was just very frustrating to see that parity being eroded by ill discipline and injury.

I said Hooper had a quiet one last night but I would like to say that was by his standard. Still worked his butt off and gave everything. Had a good battle with Cane. Gordon, Holloway and Holz all very good.

But Gamble was the star. First of all that's an even more glorious mustache in the flesh. But most of all his attitude is just bang on perfect. Had to come off during the Bell red period to make way for a prop and was really dirty about it. Man's a competitor.

Last edited:

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I also hope Bell doesn't get too long (isn't a grubby player),
I also do not think he is a grubby player but even non grubby players can put someone in a spinal unit. The decisions on the field should not be affected by a players history, only when it comes to the penalty.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

I understand they’re punishing cynical play, but it’s a bit bloody hypocritical to give a yellow card for that, and then let equally cynical actions at the ruck play on.
Terrible rule.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Cynical plays at the ruck generally don't stop 2 man overlaps, and as in this game, when a ruck infringement is deemed a cynical play they are binned as well

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought the Tahs attitude was again quite good, good comeback and they know what they are supposed to do - which is a marked improvement, but the chiefs weren't great

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Cynical plays at the ruck generally don't stop 2 man overlaps, and as in this game, when a ruck infringement is deemed a cynical play they are binned as well
cynical ruck play is rarely binned, only repeated fouls or when it has stopped a certain try will they be binned, that overlap was neither of those.

I also take issue with calling an attempted intercept 'cynical', an attempted intercept which is knocked on isn't a deliberately cynical action, it's a bees dick from been away a intercept try.. as opposed to what regularly happens at the ruck.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
cynical ruck play is rarely binned, only repeated fouls or when it has stopped a certain try will they be binned, that overlap was neither of those.

I also take issue with calling an attempted intercept 'cynical', an attempted intercept which is knocked on isn't a deliberately cynical action, it's a bees dick from been away a intercept try.. as opposed to what regularly happens at the ruck.

Berry checked on the overlap before the binning - to check of it was a real opportunity, most rucks aren't "real opportunities", when they are they get a yellow, they also get yellows for repeated

He wasn't in a position to catch that, it was cynical

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Berry checked on the overlap before the binning - to check of it was a real opportunity, most rucks aren't "real opportunities", when they are they get a yellow, they also get yellows for repeated

He wasn't in a position to catch that, it was cynical
Its a dumb rule. How the hell do you know whether you have a realistic chance of catching it without trying to catch it? Loig have it right in this aspect. Getting sent from the field because the attacking side threw a shit pass which was able to be stopped is dumbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.