• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
forgot some things - watching izzy he seems to consciously be choosing to not run at the defense as much which i thought was odd, watching some of the plays.

also, beale stepped up and played well - great to see.

The Pirate

Herbert Moran (7)
Don't want to be a dick but personally I would go very close to giving Cliffy Palu MOM. Every time he touched the ball he went forward irrespective of good ball or bad .
He has had a great year and his form will be such a big point of difference for the Wallabies in the tests to come this year

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I have supported the Tahs since I played Under 9s for Chatswood and got a broken nose for my troubles. That's pretty much all I got out of the Tahs until tonight.

Like 1993, this victory is one for the True Believers.

I raise a glass to Lee Grant, Lindommer, Fitzy the Bloody Aussie, Cyclopath, Moses, Matt, jonnosan, and everyone here I've shared a beer with since 2003. Good onya boys, we deserved this.

Don't be a stranger Scarfman—were it not for you many of us would not be here.

About what you have gotten out of the Tahs until tonight: I was listening to Ross Reynolds on the radio (ABC Grandstand) at the ground, and before the game he described what the Tahs had done since the Super12 started:

Since 1996 they haven't won a chook raffle.

All I have to say about what they won tonight is:

Some chook—some raffle.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
What a sensational game of rugby. That it was played under the enormous pressure of a final is just a testament to the comp and two very good rugby sides.
Congrats Tahs and the Tahs faithful. Condolences to a well represented Crusdaders. No other side could have pushed NSW so close.
Enjoy it boys. You are the toast of Southern Hemisphere rugby this week.
Hats off to you all!

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Sorry for no posts been out a bit.....just got home...just got 1 post.....I bled blue ,I am a waratah. How f...in good was that...

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
My heart nearly stopped in the last 5 minutes of that brilliant game, my voice was gone in the first 5 minutes I nearly crushed my mate with an embracing hug at 80 minutes and am still completely hyped up. Brilliant. I'm not as old as some of you but the wait was worth it. The heart and passion they played with and the brilliant crowd should all be something to reflect on. Always focus on the field and always noise off it. Great game tahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.