• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Hurricanes - Super Rugby 2012 Rd 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
In the broad church of Waratahs supporters on G&GR there is room for us all.

I think that wj is much more of a realist than he is given credit for. He sees the faults and shares the disappointments but his love for the 'Tahs transcends everything else. He also has a very subtle sense of humour at times and appears not to mind much being the butt of other people's jibes.

Others are infuriated by what they see going on and are determined to make their views known. They attack their targets with great enthusiasm.

I think I am in a small sub-group of one. I forbear from criticising players. They are young blokes giving it their best shot usually for very modest reward. Most I believe are very sensitive to criticism particularly if is sustained and unfair. But from the stands or the living room they are easy targets. On the other hand I am relentless in attacking those in positions of power and privilege who from either incompetence or malice do great damage to the careers and dreams of other people.

We should be prepared to endure this current period of purgatory together. It will pass.

My sense of humour is alive and well and doesn't need to be discovered. Some of us Bruce have waited been waiting longer than some posters have been alive and waiting for a kidney stone to pass has been largely more pleasurable. As with that experience to expect somebody to face it with a smile and a laugh is a bit much. My not so subtle humour is actually reserved for things worth a laugh.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
When we were watching the game, my wife made the comment about how soft she thought Timani was, considering the size of the man. If I recall correctly, he did go off with a shoulder injury.
It's interesting: playing on the th side he is a good scrummager, but not as good as Douglas. When they play them both timani moves to the lh side. So far this year he has looked like he's struggled with his direction on this side. I hope he can sort it out for next year

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Strange, strange game.

The Tahs had all the ball, built good pressure and continually found ways not to score.

Preorious's passing was simply terrible
Every-time we tried to spread it, it looked pedestrian, every-time they attacked the ball we waited ages to re-set and they then attacked the runner.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It seemed to me that some of our players are just too small. Kingston, for example. Maybe Foley as well.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Every-time we tried to spread it, it looked pedestrian, every-time they attacked the ball we waited ages to re-set and they then attacked the runner.
yep, too one dimensional,need more runners to stop the runner being monstered by multiple defenders.
wet weather footie = more kicking and lots of switches when passing.
I didn't see any of the above the other night.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
yep, too one dimensional,need more runners to stop the runner being monstered by multiple defenders.
wet weather footie = more kicking and lots of switches when passing.
I didn't see any of the above the other night.

absolutely, one of my big frustrations in watching this lot is the lack of effort off the ball and the apparent lack of a plan and obvious structure.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Seems to me that they are encouraged to stay behind the ball carrier, so they are available for the quick recycle, which is great for the under 11's.

Status
Not open for further replies.