• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Women v Brumbies Women Semi Final: Allianz Stadium, Sydney: Friday 19th April

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I was there, it was a great evening. No doubt I’m wearing blue glasses, but the skills and game plan on display from the Tahs was excellent. They can really capitalise on a wide break. And very interesting to see Waiaria Ellis deployed as the playmaker when she came on, with McKenzie moving to 12, often as a second playmaker on the other side to Ellis. A 16 year-old running the backline! Ridiculous talent coming through there.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Yep. Tahs skills levels very good in the backs. Cant recall a dropped ball though i’m sure there was one.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
While I didn't get to see the semifinal, the same skills were on show against the Reds in the last round. They were a class above that day too.

My reservation about the Australian team that will be selected from these teams is not that they don't have the skills but that they don't get enough games against the NHW teams. Those teams are the powerhouse teams in the world, but distance and money precludes us from playing them regularly and adapting our play to the next level.