• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 10 - Waratahs vs Highlanders - Friday 7.35pm

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1682478232836.png

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I like the various flags representing the culture of the players, but it seems a bit arbitrary as to who got an Australian flag - as far as I'm aware Langi Gleeson and Mosese Tuipuloto were both born in Australia and I believe at least one of Tuipuloto's parents were as well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I like the various flags representing the culture of the players, but it seems a bit arbitrary as to who got an Australian flag - as far as I'm aware Langi Gleeson and Mosese Tuipuloto were both born in Australia and I believe at least one of Tuipuloto's parents were as well.
Wouldn't be surprised if they asked the players what they felt their heritage was. Note Faulkner getting the Maori flag but not NZ.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Connor Garden-Bachop, Jonah Lowe, Fetuli Paea, Sam Gilbert, Scott Gregory, Mitch Hunt, Aaron Smith (capt), Hugh Renton, Sean Withy, Shannon Frizell, Will Tucker, Fabian Holland, Jermaine Ainsley, Andrew Makalio, Ethan de Groot. Reserves: Rhys Marshall, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Saula Ma’u, Pari Pari Parkinson, Marino Mikaele-Tu’u, Folau Fakatava, Thomas Umaga-Jensen, Jona Nareki.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Wouldn't be surprised if they asked the players what they felt their heritage was. Note Faulkner getting the Maori flag but not NZ.
Yeah, that looked very intentional in using the Maori and Aboriginal flags instead of the New Zealand and Australian ones where appropriate.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Better team than last week. Have they published the injury update yet?

Players unavailable for selection: Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Harry Wilson – HIA (Round 11) Ned Hanigan – HIA (Round 11+) Nemani Nadolo – Knee (Round 13+) Tane Edmed – Back (Round 11+) Tom Lambert – Knee (Round 12+) Will Harrison - ACL (Season)

Players Available for Shute Shield Archer Holz (Eastern Suburbs) Ben Dowling (Randwick) Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs) Hunter Ward (Manly) Michael Icely (Eastwood) Sateki Latu (Warringah) Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs) Tiaan Tauakipulu (Randwick) Tolu Latu (Western Sydney) Zac Von Appen (Sydney Uni) Zane Marolt (Eastern Suburbs)

Hanigan still having concussion issues is worrying.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Players unavailable for selection: Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Harry Wilson – HIA (Round 11) Ned Hanigan – HIA (Round 11+) Nemani Nadolo – Knee (Round 13+) Tane Edmed – Back (Round 11+) Tom Lambert – Knee (Round 12+) Will Harrison - ACL (Season)

They seem to have missed one...

Marce

John Thornett (49)
It looks like they are giving ideas to British, Italian, Irish and Scots to poach more Aussie players lol
H8EaEkF.md.png

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Given who is now available that's close to the best possible. I'd change Goddard for Wilson and Botha for Holz, but that's just me. My primary concern is Porecki, who needs to lift his game and what happens if Johnson-Holmes goes off early. The Highlanders scrum has given other sides a pretty hard time this year.

I do hope the TMO is up to scratch, De Groot makes Swinton look like an angel.

Alex Ross (28)
Given who is now available that's close to the best possible. I'd change Goddard for Wilson and Botha for Holz, but that's just me. My primary concern is Porecki, who needs to lift his game and what happens if Johnson-Holmes goes off early. The Highlanders scrum has given other sides a pretty hard time this year.

I do hope the TMO is up to scratch, De Groot makes Swinton look like an angel.
I think Botha has been excellent. Our reserve front row aimed up well against the Blues

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Two centres and a 9 on the bench

So who on that bench is Donaldson cover?

Hooper?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Two centres and a 9 on the bench

So who on that bench is Donaldson cover?

Hooper?
Foketi is probably the emergency 10 cover given the 2 back up centres. Maybe Gordon in a pinch. I'm sure the plan will be for Donaldson to play 80 though. Does feel like a bit of a gamble in a must win game though, would think it'd be safer to have Bowen on the bench.

Last edited:

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I can't imagine Latu thought he'd spend this much time playing in Granville after returning from France.