• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 7: Blues @ Rebels

How is Beauden gonna fuck the Blues this time?

• spectacularly so

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • less spectacularly so, yet still in a noteworthy fashion

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • he shall engage in activities persuant to the successful completion of a rugby match for the Blues

• he'll be back in the stands where he belongs

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • can we get an option about the Rebels?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • no

• poll is pole

• imagine if the Crusaders lose to Moana Pasifika lmao

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • how do you do fellow Victorian rugby enthusiasts, why no I have never supported NSW why do you ask?

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Stupid Beauden puts his foot on the dead ball line, meaning the Blues settle for a mere 45-0 win

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The team spanked by the Drua vs. the team spanked by the team previously spanked by the Drua. Someone is gonna get a paddlin'.

Official match day team gifs to be unveiled whenever Dismal gets to them.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
The team spanked by the Drua vs. the team spanked by the team previously spanked by the Drua. Someone is gonna get a paddlin'.

Official match day team gifs to be unveiled whenever Dismal gets to them.
We won the second half

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Official Rebels Matchday Team GIF:

200.gif

Official Blues Matchday Team GIF:

mick-mccarthy.gif

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
And the tie-in with the Storm game is great, goes beyond banter.

Might be a bit too close to the bone to be making Vunivalu and Marika comparisons...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Blues team named;
Blues: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Telea, Rieko Ioane, Harry Plummer, Caleb Clarke, Beauden Barrett, Finlay Christie; Anton Segner, Dalton Papalii (c), Adrian Choat, Sam Darry, Patrick Tuipulotu, Nepo Laulala, Ricky Riccitelli, Jordan Lay. Reserves: Soane Vikena, Ofa Tuungafasi, James Lay, Cameron Suafoa, Tom Robinson, Sam Nock, Corey Evans, Caleb Tangitau.
Sotutu and Perofeta get rest after 6 games in a row, and probably needing breather. Neither I think are under AB protocol (I don't think), just basically using squad.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REBELS (1-15): Cabous Eloff, Alex Mafi, Pone Fa’amausili, Josh Canham, Trevor Hosea, Josh Kemeny, Brad Wilkin, Vaiolini Ekuasi, Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Monty Ioane, Reece Hodge, Andrew Kellaway, Lachie Anderson, Joe Pincus

RESERVES: Jordan Uelese, Matt Gibbon, Sam Talakai, Angelo Smith, Tuaina Taii Tualima, James Tuttle, Nick Jooste, Lukas Ripley

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is this our best team of the year so far? I think so. Is Ili injured? I think the difference between Kellaway & Ili is smaller than Kellaway and Pincus/Anderson and even bloody Monty.

Would love Hardwick back.

Despite the stronger line up this mountain is still way too large to climb, I'm expecting a similar absolute drubbing to last year (which was our biggest loss I think?).

The Marketing Pigeon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would love to see kellaway to 15 for Wallabies purposes with Ili at 12. Hodge 13 would be the strongest backline the rebels could put on the park.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Is this our best team of the year so far? I think so. Is Ili injured? I think the difference between Kellaway & Ili is smaller than Kellaway and Pincus/Anderson and even bloody Monty.

Would love Hardwick back.

Despite the stronger line up this mountain is still way too large to climb, I'm expecting a similar absolute drubbing to last year (which was our biggest loss I think?).
I'd argue it isn't purely because Ili isn't there and he's the form back beside Gordon. Pigs look strong though, although again Hardwick has probably been the best and isn't available either.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good to see Pone start, controversial but I think he has more potential at Test level than AAA if he can get himself playing big minutes

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
That’s a good Super Rugby level team from the Rebels, I don’t think it’s Blues quality and therefore won’t win but if they could get that team out more often than not then we would be a difficult fixture for most teams.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
View attachment 15630

Some more great content from the social media team.

Brilliant marketing. Apparently there was a van outside AAMI Park for Storm game last night (I didn't see it but I arrived right on kick off).

Had a Storm fan on a Storm forum say the Rebels team in the van were off their head because they were saying that there were more rugby union juniors in Victoria than rugby league juniors in Victoria and that there were more Victorians playing for the Rebels.

One person commented that based on the stats there are more rugby union juniors in Victoria.

I commented that there are 5 Victorians in this weekend's Rebels squad. (Pone Fa'amausili, Josh Canham, Trevor Hosea, Monty Ioane and Jordan Uelese). And that is more than the Victorians that have played first grade for the Storm in 25 years. (Mahe Fonua, Young Tonumaipea, Richie Kennar and Dean Ieremia).