• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WELCOME TO THE CAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
While we have a clear set of rules to save us from the abyss, sometimes posters, while not clearly breaking those rules, carry on in a way that bring down the quality of discussion.

Most often this takes the form of argumentativeness, stubbornness and parochialism - usually altogether. The rise of this has been discussed by the mods for some time.

In the old days Scarfie would just hand out a few holidays when it got too much. But in a nod to democracy (and for sport) we're bringing a new innovation to the forum called

THE CAGE
cage-fight.jpg

The idea is that two men nominated by the Mods go in, are voted on by you, and that only one comes out.

The vanquished gets a two week rest from the forum to contemplate their behaviour.

We're not a vengeful people, but standards need to be upheld. It's easy to stay out of the cage - just take a hint.

Nominations for the first contestants are in -

Biffo

Train Without A Station

Brumby Runner

Get your votes in for who should be eliminated - TOP of the list is out.

Voting closes in 24 hrs

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
i will apply a four-week sanction on GAGR from right now. i will have a look after four weeks and if, GAGR is continuing its precious, parochial and childish behaviour, i will be out permanently.

bye

T

Train Without a Station

Oddly I agree with Biffo. If gagr is going to sanction their posters like the Russian government sanctions the media than may as well card me too.

I'm sure most of the maniacs at the roar will equally unappreciate my rubbish chat.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Oddly I agree with Biffo. If gagr is going to sanction their posters like the Russian government sanctions the media than may as well card me too.

I'm sure most of the maniacs at the roar will equally unappreciate my rubbish chat.

ok, Mate, "they" think they have monopoly power on sanctions.
"we" can sanction "them", too.
join me in a four weeks sanction.

find a way to contact me and i'll introduce you to some adult rugby boards.

PS. i once gave my very favourite bar 12 months for an incident repeated thrice. i very regularly give bars one, two or three months bans. improves the service when you go back :)

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
GAGR's irrelevance grows.
why sanction a bloke who has left the board?
you blokes have a strange sense of power and the satisfaction it brings you.

your post reinforces TWAS' comment: it has become a serious crime to disagree with the GAGR establishment.
the GAGR establishment sold its' soul in its mad "McKenzie for King" campaign.
now that has failed, the same establishment has become precious and petty.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
THE CAGE has spoken.

3 men entered, two men left.

It wasn't pretty but the point is this - there are standards in this forum and we'll do what it takes to uphold them. This is a place to discuss and learn, not drone on, annoy and hound.

The vast majority of posters here get that. We aim to make this a place you'll want to stay.

Now, go the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.