• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Well done boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well since this thread has gone totally to shit I don't feel so bad about having a bit of a rant.

Some of the behaviour on the forum tonight has made me ashamed to be Australian. Ashamed to be a member of this forum.

These blokes have trained and played their hearts out all year, and yet some here have reacted to this loss with what can only be described as thinly veiled glee. Hooray! Another opportunity to put the boot into Robbie Deans, Quade Cooper, and whoever else has had the temerity to take the field in a gold shirt this season. Hooray! Another chance to tell everyone about the dire predictions I made at the start of the year and THAT I AM RIGHT!! WE DID LOSE!!! Fucking yeah!!!

You see the thing is I don't mind you critiquing the players performance, after all that is what this forum is for. We have game threads for that, and you can say whatever you like in them.

But this wasn't the game thread. This was the thread to say thankyou to the guys who were out there tonight, playing their hearts out for us. And say what you want about the tactics or the execution, but they were fucking trying their guts out. And I think that is worthy of congratulating. Not every game, but after a long and exhausting World CUp campaign that has seen them seperated from their families and friends and training every day.

But apparently some of you aren't even good enough supporters to do that. How can you seriously call yourselves fans if you can't even say a simple 'thank you' to a team who has invested everything they have over months just to please you? Sure they came up short but who cares? They are OUR team. This is what proper fans do.

Fuck me I thought it wouldn't have to be this difficult.

Rugby's fickle

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Baabaa, you are the author of Ireland blog posts.

You don't get to decide when I have had enough of the Wallabies and when I should be congratulating them.

I thought they sucked tonight. An absolutely brainless performance, whether it's the coaches or the players, it was fucking awful. If the forum isn't for telling it like it is, then I don't know what it's for.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
But Scarf you could have just said that in the game thread and ignored this one. Instead you and a few others decided to act like 5 year olds.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Baabaa, you are the author of Ireland blog posts.

You don't get to decide when I have had enough of the Wallabies and when I should be congratulating them.

I thought they sucked tonight. An absolutely brainless performance, whether it's the coaches or the players, it was fucking awful. If the forum isn't for telling like it is, then I don't know what it's for.

Why post on this thread then? It has been said plenty of times on the other threads, no need to repeat it for the 1000th time here.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I think the Aussies played as well as the ABs let them. Sometimes you just have to admit your team isn't good enough

Not good enough on the night

;)

Big challenge, NZ at home at Eden Park. They were perfect for the first 20 and very fucking good for the rest.

Wallabies tried hard but were not good enough on the night across the park. But kept trying throughout, even the wobbliest wobs ie Cooper.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Why post on this thread then? It has been said plenty of times on the other threads, no need to repeat it for the 1000th time here.

Because I objected to the sentiment in this thread, as did others.

Plenty of people objected to the sentiment of your Ireland blog posts, but I'm sure you defended your right to post them.

Sully - just piss off mate. Don't call me a 5 year old for rationally expressing an opinion that differs from yours.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
But Scarf you could have just said that in the game thread and ignored this one. Instead you and a few others decided to act like 5 year olds.

Much as I dread the prospect of the reaction to this: Barbarian said what he wanted to say. If he didn't want it contradicted he should have written a private letter or something.
Didn't he put it up here to get responses - otherwise why start a thread.
Given the range of views always on display wasn't it inevitable that people who did not think it was well done, for whatever reason, would want to have their say?
Just sayin'

B

BRIX

While I don't disagree with what you've said at all Baabaa, I would be careful to romanticize the whole thing. And I think that's the angle that the opposing consensus is coming from. Once the points for effort are handed out, I think we could all still draw the same conclusion - we died wondering tonight.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Because I objected to the sentiment in this thread, as did others.

Plenty of people objected to the sentiment of your Ireland blog posts, but I'm sure you defended your right to post them.

Sully - just piss off mate. Don't call me a 5 year old for rationally expressing an opinion that differs from yours.

But you said what you needed to say, but have constantly come back and back to stick the boot in again and again and again. It is getting incredibly tedious.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Baabaa, you need to deal with the Ireland blog issue. OK? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. As I said, you don;t get to decide when I'm supposed to be pissed off the with Wallabies and when I'm patting them on the back.

That's all I'm going to say about this mistimed and awkward thread.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Okay let's all calm down and start toning up on our French for this week.[video=youtube;uk-FFrdCsK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk-FFrdCsK4[/video]

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Boys, I am drunk as fuck and I am one of the happiest chaps on the planet, a lot of u need some reality.

Will post better tomorrow, but hold the heads.

Shitfaced MD (mr )

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Baabaa, you need to deal with the Ireland blog issue. OK? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. As I said, you don;t get to decide when I'm supposed to be pissed off the with Wallabies and when I'm patting them on the back.

That's all I'm going to say about this mistimed and awkward thread.

I doubt it.

My Ireland blog has nothing to do with it. I said what I needed to say and left it at that (well, with one more letter the next day to clarify). I wish you would just do the same.

BTW pretty much everything I said in my drunk letter has proven to be correct. Maybe I should drink more often ;)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Farewell to Chiso too. Doubtful he'll ever be seen in gold again.

Tonight's display was eerily similar to many we've seen before at Eden Park. To beat the All Blacks you must start well. We did not.

That said, although 6 more beers would have me agreeing with you Scarfy, we can not dessert out team now. There's still a game to play on Friday night & on the evidence shown so far, Wales will start favourite. But fuck that. We must roll them to save some pride.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Farewell to Chiso too. Doubtful he'll ever be seen in gold again.

Tonight's display was eerily similar to many we've seen before at Eden Park. To beat the All Blacks you must start well. We did not.

That said, although 6 more beers would have me agreeing with you Scarfy, we can not dessert out team now. There's still a game to play on Friday night & on the evidence shown so far, Wales will start favourite. But fuck that. We must roll them to save some pride.

No one's deserting the team.
I still have the Wallaby emblem on facebook and Im not reversing it as I did after ireland.
We lost a game of footy.
We didn't play well.
But no one's going to kill anyone over it or shoot the ref.
We'll all line up, pay our $200 per head and watch the Wobblies take on the ABs in 2012 with hope in our heart, and a nagging doubt.....but that truly is footy.
We live in the greatest country in the world.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Well done, Wobs. I respect the effort you made, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking ig was great. You showed up, you guttered out a sem, and you tried to win. The effort is undoubted. What bothers me -- and others -- is that you weren't ready to do battle. Your plans were poor, your execution lacking, and your strengths not utilized. You tried your guts out, but you never looked like you had a chance. The former I respect no end, the latter is simply unbecoming. You were beaten by a far better side tonight and there is no shame in that. But I'm not satisfied, I'm not content... And that is, at least for me, quite fitting for a passionate fan of Australian rugby.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Much as I dread the prospect of the reaction to this: Barbarian said what he wanted to say. If he didn't want it contradicted he should have written a private letter or something.
Didn't he put it up here to get responses - otherwise why start a thread.
Given the range of views always on display wasn't it inevitable that people who did not think it was well done, for whatever reason, would want to have their say?
Just sayin'
Here is the first line BaaBaa wrote
Just wanted to start a thread to congratulate our guys on their RWC effort
You seem to love a fight so much you forget what you're arguing about. Unless you think they weren't trying hard enough?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Well since this thread has gone totally to shit I don't feel so bad about having a bit of a rant.

Some of the behaviour on the forum tonight has made me ashamed to be Australian. Ashamed to be a member of this forum.

These blokes have trained and played their hearts out all year, and yet some here have reacted to this loss with what can only be described as thinly veiled glee. Hooray! Another opportunity to put the boot into Robbie Deans, Quade Cooper, and whoever else has had the temerity to take the field in a gold shirt this season. Hooray! Another chance to tell everyone about the dire predictions I made at the start of the year and THAT I AM RIGHT!! WE DID LOSE!!! Fucking yeah!!!

You see the thing is I don't mind you critiquing the players performance, after all that is what this forum is for. We have game threads for that, and you can say whatever you like in them.

But this wasn't the game thread. This was the thread to say thankyou to the guys who were out there tonight, playing their hearts out for us. And say what you want about the tactics or the execution, but they were fucking trying their guts out. And I think that is worthy of congratulating. Not every game, but after a long and exhausting World CUp campaign that has seen them seperated from their families and friends and training every day.

But apparently some of you aren't even good enough supporters to do that. How can you seriously call yourselves fans if you can't even say a simple 'thank you' to a team who has invested everything they have over months just to please you? Sure they came up short but who cares? They are OUR team. This is what proper fans do.

Fuck me I thought it wouldn't have to be this difficult.

Cmon Barb.....they get paid,and paid pretty well, to do this shit man. Some of these guys are probably paid bettr than the people who are tasked with running the country.

It may be harsh but if you wanna take the $$$$ then you better be prepared to take some of the crap you that comes with it.

Yes...thanks for doing what representing your country.....but don't pretend it was done soley from the goodness or your heart and your pure patriot spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.