• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Believing SNK is the same player who left a few years is a mistake. Wait and see how he plays now before you make a judgement.

Sent using Tapatalk
I wish the Force well and hope SNK plays great for them.
Looking back after watching SNK closely at the Waratahs, I don't think I've ever seen a player with the instinct to kick when he should run, and run when he should kick like he has.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It was almost funny when he stepped into them from a gap.

He was a decent enough fullback though, back in the day, and one of the nicest fellows you would want to meet. We'll all wish him well.

T

TOCC

He does have a few attributes the Force are missing/short of in the backline...

1. Experience
2. Playmaker ability
3. Goal kicker

He will serve the Force well and help in the development of the new saffa and Kyle Goodwin

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Food For thought..
Lets be honest, there is no depth in Australian Rugby, therefore teams like the Rebels and Force are always going to struggle.
I think the Force need to go outside their box and recruit from NZ. NZ has the depth of players so why not tap into that.
Who cares if they are not eligable for Australia, the Force want to build a Winning team, not a also ran team...get Kiwi Players in alongside the Aussies...get a good coach who is proven and have alongside him some promising coaches.
Single out players such as Jack Lam (who can play for Aussie), Nafi Tuitavake (NZ U20s, NZ 7s, Blues), Tusi Pisi (Current Hurricanes and Samoa 1st Five), Trent Renata etc. Look at other local club comps including Canberra, players like Sokai Tai, Jerome Niumata, Rodney Iona, Seilala Lam....etc etc.
I just think the force especially need to cast their net far and wide.

M

Moono75

I like the idea above. Hopefully with the Force's submission to the ARU about recruiting concessions they will wake up and recognise the difficulties faced in attracting players to one of the most isolated cities in the world. The only issue the ARU may have with allowing Kiwi players to ply their trade for an OZ franchise is that we would be speeding up the talent identification and development of players for the All Blacks production line.

I think we should be able to accommodate some of our Kiwi brothers (1 or 2 players) without having them count towards the International player / development player restrictions currently in place.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Food For thought..
Lets be honest, there is no depth in Australian Rugby, therefore teams like the Rebels and Force are always going to struggle.

I think depth in Australian rugby has improved since the Force were introduced and is improving further with the Rebels.

It might take some time for those two teams to become competitive, but that is part of the challenge of expanding.

If the Kings come into the competition next year they are highly likely to be the whipping boys of the competition and will struggle for some time.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think depth in Australian rugby has improved since the Force were introduced and is improving further with the Rebels.

It might take some time for those two teams to become competitive, but that is part of the challenge of expanding.

If the Kings come into the competition next year they are highly likely to be the whipping boys of the competition and will struggle for some time.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Where is Rosolea playing these days? He was a fairly handy 10/12 during his schoolboy days.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Whether the Waratahs make dramatic changes to their coaching staff could be determined by who the Western Force recruit as their head honcho next season. While at least two Waratahs directors recently have been asking outside influences - even stopping them in the street - for their thoughts on whether Michael Foley should stay as Waratahs coach after losing the past six matches, the Force are close to deciding who will replace Richard Graham. Our snouts tell us that on the Force shortlist are Scott Johnson, Todd Louden, Brian Melrose and Michael Cheika.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...igh-options-20120621-20qyc.html#ixzz1yT0ge4qm

I am thinking the force are about to have their reds/Brumbies moment and get in a proven pro. They could be anything next year as the Brumbies have proven this year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Recruitment bosst on its way for Force

The Australian Rugby Union is poised to give the Western Force dispensation to recruit more overseas players in a bid to strengthen the Super Rugby club.

The Force have been pushing for changes to the recruitment rules for 12 months and the ARU has revealed that a report is being prepared by its high-performance unit.

An ARU spokesman said the Force plea for help was under consideration.

"The ARU is cognisant of the Force needs and will be looking for ways to ensure they can strengthen their player roster," the spokesman said.

Australian Super clubs can recruit an overseas player who has played for his country and a foreign development player.

The Melbourne Rebels were given dispensation to sign 10 overseas players when they were awarded the fifth franchise, although that number will be reduced over coming seasons.

Force chief executive Vern Reid wants to be able to recruit three overseas players - either all development players or a marquee signing and two development players.

He also wants to be allowed to recruit one development player every year. Currently clubs must wait two years for a player to qualify for Australia before they can sign another.

"We welcome the progress, are hopeful that the outcome will be positive and that a decision is made quickly as we are in high recruiting mode," Reid said.

Meanwhile, retiring Western Force foundation player Nathan Sharpe says man-management is a crucial factor as the club closes in on a successor to coach Richard Graham.

"The coach must have very good technical knowledge and a very good man-management style," he said.

"You need to look at the fit of the individual and how he will fit within the club, certainly one that will embrace the community, that's very important for the club and the State."

Force players and staff struggled with the style of former coach John Mitchell, who was sidelined in 2009 while an independent inquiry investigated complaints about his behaviour.

Mitchell was suspended by the Johannesburg-based Lions last week amid reports of player complaints about his methods and management skills.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...way-for-force/

Status
Not open for further replies.