• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I agree with your arguments- but which two? Australian second row stocks are bone dry. I'd love a Will Caldwell type but there aren't many, if any, experienced guys like that out there.

I'd like to see a second EPS spot go to a second rower but not two more in the main squad.

Yeah, I said it was academic.

I guess my point is that because only 3 locks are definitely signed as we speak there should be another already instead of (one of) Alcock or Cotterill. It's not as though Sharpie's retirement was unexpected.

As you know at the Force: unsigned contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. The problem of who to sign now should not have arisen.

Giving the 5th EPS spot to a 2nd lock in that group as you suggest will patch things up a bit and there are a couple of Waltons left in club rugby back east.

I'll leave it at that. I hope I can report during 2013 that I was a goose and my fears were unfounded.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What happened, this isn't like one of those free beer tomorrow signs is it?
Yeah not sure i was told it would have been last week as well as foley saying sharpes replacement will be named last week to on his first "coachs corner" video

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Do we need another 30 year old with chronic injuries?I rate Hynes, but what is the chance of ever getting back to top form after such a long layoff. I can't think of anyone else who has ever done it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah not sure i was told it would have been last week as well as foley saying sharpes replacement will be named last week to on his first "coachs corner" video

MMM announced tomorrow I believe.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sweet available for the spring tour.
New pack will be 1.Robinson 2.TPN 3.Kepu 4.Douglas 5.Sharpe 6.Hooper 7.Pocock 8.MMM

T

tranquility

I dont think you can be picked for the Wobs without playing the Super season. Although I would say that I am at the front of the excitement cue to see him playing rugby again. Generally speaking I would be disappointed to see a QLD player of his caliber go interstate, but such is his quality and the preciousness of his injury history I just want to see him back on the field creating gale force winds. Just not at the Tahs.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont think you can be picked for the Wobs without playing the Super season. Although I would say that I am at the front of the excitement cue to see him playing rugby again. Generally speaking I would be disappointed to see a QLD player of his caliber go interstate, but such is his quality and the preciousness of his injury history I just want to see him back on the field creating gale force winds. Just not at the Tahs.
Does the name Rocky Elsom ring a bell?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
pardon my french but all i can say is.....fuck to the yeah

with him at lock with lynn with a hodgson, mclaman, cottrell/alcock backrow looks very lethal

M

Moono75

A great signing for the Force and with David Joyce handling our physio/conditioning program, hopefully he can keep the big fella fit and firing for the Force.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
YEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Love the idea of Madness joining the pack of wild dogs we've already got (that's a term of endearment BTW). If he stays fit (a big if) I'm really looking forward to him doing some damage out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.