• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Welcome home Michael...time to get some game time!

Homegrown star reunites with boyhood club

November 10, 2020
The Western Force has reinforced its young Western Australian talent stocks with Australian U20 World Cup player Michael McDonald returning to the club on a two-year contract.

Read more.....

Very happy to see this, he was a great player in u20s and I was disappointed to see he didn't get any time at the Tahs. I'm hoping Tizzano gets some game time at the Tahs next year, especially with Hooper in Japan.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
McDonald got on the field v the Brumbies didn't he?

I'm very happy to see this signing. Not sure how much time he will get now Prior and Cubelli are there. Mentoring yada yada, but McDonald needs game time.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
First capped by the Brumbies in 2007, Wallaby tourist in 2008, capped in 2009...

Spent most of his career here injured, until Jake White took over in 2012 and finally got some consistent playing time in his last two years.

Not saying he wasn't on the scene but I think we can agree he became a consistent class performer post 2011...

If we are going to use being a onetime Wallaby tourist as a barometer for success then there is a lot of players who have theoretically hit their peak...Current force hooker Andrew Ready for instance.

I can concede that Kimlin might of been more established then others on the list but my point stands that Locks are late bloomers in comparison to a lot of other positions.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm looking forward to seeing the new Force recruits playing for Argentina over the next 4 weeks! I've probably seen them before but will be paying much more attention to them now.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Definitely very excited here in the West.

So where are we at the with squad for 2021?

Loosehead
Robertson
Wagner

Hooker
Montoya
Ready
Kaitu'u

Tighthead
Medrano
Longbottom
Holmes

Second Row
Thrush
Lee-Warner
MacCauley

Blind Side
Lezzana - to be announced imminently
Anstee

Open Side
Koteka

Number Eight
Stander

Scrum Half
Cubelli
McDonald
Prior

Out Half
McIntyre
Lance
Iglasias - to be announced imminently

Centres
Godwin
Kuridrani
Kahui

Wings
Brache
Ralston
Lacey
Pulu

Full Back
Kearney
McGregor
Strachan

Not sure I have this 100% and I might have missed a few. If anyone notices any please let me know.

Definitely feel a touch light on in the second and back row. Hopefully a few more to come in there. I still can't understand getting rid of Stowers and Ferris who were excellent players.

I'd like to see another top class second row alongside another development player.
Then another couple of back rows. Definitely need an experienced openside to fight for the sport with Koteka and another 6/8 to challenge Stander.

Potential 23 starting to look decent and should win a few games;

1. Robertson
2. Montoya
3. Medrano
4. Thrush
5. Lee Warner
6. Lezana
7. Koteka
8. Stander
9. Cubelli
10. Iglasias/Mc Intyre
11. Ralston
12. Godwin
13. Kuridrani
14. Pulu
15. Kearney

16. Ready/Kaitu'u
17. Wagner
18. Longbottom/Holmes
19. McCauley
20. Anstee
21. McDonald/Prior
22. McIntyre/Lance
23. Lacey/McGregor/Strachan

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Definitely very excited here in the West.

So where are we at the with squad for 2021?

There's a squad list as we currently know it on page 1 of this thread, which includes a couple of players that you've missed (but is missing a few of the rumoured and yet unconfirmed Argentinean signings). That's a pretty good looking 23 though. Starting 10 will be very interesting as all 3 look decent options, with none of them likely world beaters. McIntyre probably has the most potential upside though.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cottrell and/or RHP come back west to bolster the back row, as I'm not sure they've been re-signed by the Rebels yet. Locks seem to be pretty hard to come by in Oz at the moment, but hopefully we can lure back one of the batch of good Aussie locks that have ended up overseas (Coleman, either of the Arnolds, Rodda, Skelton, etc.). RHP could also assist at lock at a pinch.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
There's a squad list as we currently know it on page 1 of this thread, which includes a couple of players that you've missed (but is missing a few of the rumoured and yet unconfirmed Argentinean signings). That's a pretty good looking 23 though. Starting 10 will be very interesting as all 3 look decent options, with none of them likely world beaters. McIntyre probably has the most potential upside though.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cottrell and/or RHP come back west to bolster the back row, as I'm not sure they've been re-signed by the Rebels yet. Locks seem to be pretty hard to come by in Oz at the moment, but hopefully we can lure back one of the batch of good Aussie locks that have ended up overseas (Coleman, either of the Arnolds, Rodda, Skelton, etc.). RHP could also assist at lock at a pinch.
Cottrell has officially left, no idea on his destination.

RHP is 100% in the Rebels squad this season, he’s been an early arrival back in the club house before the larger squad is officially due back.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If they can't get back any aussies for 2021, there are still plenty of Jaguares/Pumas players (not contracted overseas yet) available ;)

Delguy as another wing would be good, however CFS would be best.

Bruni (Pumas starting no.8 would give another abbraisive backrow).

Couple young uncapped big locks in their squad also.

If these guys don't have families, Force should just rent a couple houses to share and put them up for the Super Rugby season!

Though I'm sure both the Rebels and Tahs would be keen on some locks also.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
RHP is 100% in the Rebels squad this season, he’s been an early arrival back in the club house before the larger squad is officially due back.

Ah right. I was just using the Rebels 2021 thread first post as a bit of a potential shopping list :p
Somewhat surprised he's sticking with the Rebels given the lack of game time he seemed to be getting there.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
If these guys don't have families, Force should just rent a couple houses to share and put them up for the Super Rugby season!

I’m surprised Twiggy hasn’t bought/built a block of units right next door to their training facilities like the Penrith Panthers have done. Offer them out as many to the players as needed then rent the others out as a revenue stream