• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Interesting timing with everything going on in regards to the new RA alignment/high performance structure

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That’s a weird comment, so the Force are advantaged yet you’re defending their ineptness?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow...is it any wonder that so few Western Force fans visit G&GR.
A Western Force tour to build relationships and grow our great game and still these efforts get slagged by 'wise men from the East'.

What other Australian Super Rugby franchise takes club players OS?? - last year Japan and this year South Africa.
Combinations are only built by playing competitive games - not by playing club rugby.
This squad includes Henry Robertson and Reesjan Pasitoa who played no games in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) in 2023 as they were recovering from knee recons.
Max Bury was only recently offered a squad position after being part of the Wider Training Group in 2023.
Despite the two losses - which mean little in post- or pre-season games - we saw some glimpses of what we can expect to see in 2024.
The starting XV included regular starters in 2023: Marley Pearce (recent graduate from the WF Academy and Aus U20 player), Tom Horton, Carlo Tizzano, Jeremy Williams, Bayley Kuenzle, George Poolman and Sam Spinks plus recent recruit Harry Potter.
In addition, 5 Perth Club Players were in the XXIII plus 3 East Coast club players.
Perhaps the WF is doing what other clubs should also be doing - IF they could afford it. Thanks Andrew Forrest.
Central contracting has nothing to offer the Western Force as we know how those promises worked out in 2015-2017.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wow...is it any wonder that so few Western Force fans visit G&GR.
A Western Force tour to build relationships and grow our great game and still these efforts get slagged by 'wise men from the East'.

What other Australian Super Rugby franchise takes club players OS?? - last year Japan and this year South Africa.

Look I think the last few comments about the Force performance are over the top. This is a great initiative. But this type of statement is typically outlandish and completely misguided.

Every other franchise is doing this. Maybe not the Tahs (can’t remember) but every other team has done this over the last 12 months. You’re not the revolutionists you think you are.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Always good to hear from you RR - but you're part of the problem that I highlight above.
You too have done nothing but slag the WF even before the 2017 axing.
The eventual success of the West Coast franchise will be all the sweeter.

Please enlighten me........................
Since 2017
, (that's 6 years rather than ancient history) what other Australian franchise has done more to grow our great game in in the Asia Pacific region than the Western Force?
Since the onset of Covid-19, what other franchise has had anything equivalent to two games in Japan (2022) and a 4-match series against another OS team (Cheetahs).
What other franchise has a 20 person Academy and payed women's Academy players?
The Western Force is doing heaps to grow the game while the East Coast empty vessels do very little but make lots of noise.

These days I limit my comments to what the Western Force is doing.
You know, that I'm always ready to give credit where credit is due.
The constant flow of negativity gets very tiresome even for a Fan and a follower of G&GR.
The proof is in the Forum pages.
I rest my case.........

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There’s a difference between slagging the Force, and calling out areas the Force are underperforming in performance/structure/recruitment.

There’a positive things happening, there’s also poor things happening. As is all clubs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Please enlighten me........................
Since 2017
, (that's 6 years rather than ancient history) what other Australian franchise has done more to grow our great game in in the Asia Pacific region than the Western Force?
Since the onset of Covid-19, what other franchise has had anything equivalent to two games in Japan (2022)

The Brumbies have done tours of Singapore and Japan in that time...