• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Has Harry done another knee injury??
rotten luck, poor guy
IMG_5148.jpeg

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
That's horrible luck, he was playing such good footy at the end of 2022 before the first one, I was really hoping he'd have the chance to pick that back up again this year at the Force. Hopefully he's able to make it back on the field this season.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Agree - terrible news for him and also for the Force Really hope it’s not that bad - but that doesn’t look great.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Dammit poor guy, we really need all props on the field last year as that cost us last year when Medrano and Robertson weren't on the field the depth was exposed. Scrum also didn't look good against QLD.

Would appreciate it if the Force were a bit more open on injury updates (Rodda, White, Hoopert, Tizano etc)

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
More Super W signings for the Force W team
The Western Force are excited to announce the signings of a trio of international players to bolster the Club’s 2024 Super W squad with Hinata Komaki, Alanis Toia and Haylee Hifo all joining.
Pleasing to see the luring of players back from League, the multi-year contracts and ongoing connection with Tokyo Sankyu Phoenix, including the WFW trial game curtain raiser on the SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) opening game.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Force fans must be reasonably happy with their trial showings?

Can someone who has seen them play comment on any player who has staked their claim?

Has Donaldson secured 10? Does young Leahy get a wing spot? Franklin at lock?

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
Yes, Donaldson has secured the 10.

After yesterdays trial, I would think Fines, Donaldson, Stewart and Spink are locked in for the first match, with Pasitoa coming off the bench. White if fit will be on the bench, otherwise it will be the evergreen Prior.

The back three is going to be interesting, with no genuine wing and Burey seeming slightly off the boil.

My choice would be Tiatia or Potter at fullback with the other on the wing, and the other wing spot up for grabs. Poolman was very good yesterday one of his better games, O' Donnell looks sharp and Laehy just does not stop trying, his heart is in the right place. I suspect the Force will stick with Burey at fullback, as evidenced by giving him the final kick of the match yesterday rather than Prior with Potter and Tiatia on the wings. Poolman likely on the bench otherwise a coin toss between Leahy and O Donnell for the bench spot if they go for the traditional 5/3 split.

Forwards is interesting and will depend on fitness and injuries.

Harris has been very good and with Tizzano 8 and 7 are locked in.

Hooker will be either Horton or Katuii nothing to chose between them, Katuii besides the missed throws his around the field play seems to have lifted and he has his spark back again.

Williams will be starting lock and I assume captain. Other close between Franklin and Fiafua,

Close between Anstee and Wells for 6, I think Anstee just a touch ahead at this stage.

Props is a concern, Wagner had surgery this week and Hoopert looked like he had his recently too. Amone is back training but sounds like a bit of work still to be done. Not sure how match fit Moli is but he is a beast and needs to be in there somewhere.

Suspect Pearce and Medrano to start, Moli and Tiaan Takaluaki off the bench.

The two remaining forward spots on the bench will be Anstee or Wells, Franklin or Fiafua baring no others returning from injury or injuries occurring.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Force fans must be reasonably happy with their trial showings?

Can someone who has seen them play comment on any player who has staked their claim?

Has Donaldson secured 10? Does young Leahy get a wing spot? Franklin at lock?
Harris, Donaldson and Potter all look like quality signings that can hopefully take the force to the next level. Depth seems better than previously but need White and Rodda playing and Medrano is a vital player for the season.

I predict Williams and Potter will make wallabies this year

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I've got to say I've been impressed with Stewart in what I saw of him in the trail, I really hope he kicks on as I really rate him as a player. There are a few things to like about this years squad. I like the shift Cron is having in moving from some of the International gap fillers and journey men of some of the past seasons.

I was hoping The Force might have been able to lure Harry Hockings back, especially after his run around in the BaaBaa's last year.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
I've got to say I've been impressed with Stewart in what I saw of him in the trail, I really hope he kicks on as I really rate him as a player. There are a few things to like about this years squad. I like the shift Cron is having in moving from some of the International gap fillers and journey men of some of the past seasons.

I was hoping The Force might have been able to lure Harry Hockings back, especially after his run around in the BaaBaa's last year.
I think the addition of White, Donaldson and Potter will be great for the Force and interesting to see how Cron moulds the team this year. Rate him as a coach.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
2 year extension for Cron:

I had though he would be an outside chance for the wallabies as an assistant forwards coach, but this is probably the best result for all concerned. I haven't agreed with all his choices but he does look to have a long term plan and this preseason suggests some forward movement, so it's good to see him given the time to see it out.

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)

Cron locked in until 2026 after penning two-year extension with Force​

The Western Force are delighted to announce that head coach Simon Cron has signed a two-year contract extension with the Club, keeping him in the west until 2026.

The extension underlines the Club’s confidence in Cron, who arrived at the Force in August 2022 and has since impressed with his leadership, player focus, dedication and technical knowledge.

READ MORE